Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Lhasa apso

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Pauline 75, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Pauline 75

Pauline 75 PetForums Newbie

Hi, looking for advice. My dog is 7 years old and has developed a skin rash. Does anyone have the same problem with their lhasa apso

2. JoanneF

JoanneF PetForums VIP

Has it come up suddenly, and if so has she been in contact with something that could have caused it? Have you changed foods recently?

Has she seen the vet? Maybe that would be worthwhile, he might suggest an antihistamine. If that works, you'd know it was an allergy and then you'd just have to work out what was causing it.

Lurcherlad likes this.
  3. The Wild Bunch

The Wild Bunch Owner of dogs and referee of children

I have a 13 year old Lhasa Apso. She's not particularly itchy but has sebaceous cysts that need draining or burst.
    I also have a shih tzu who suffers with very itchy skin and is now on cytopoint injections.
    I would suggest consulting your vet, asking for either skin scrapes or bloods doing and then discussing your options.
    We have tried three things so far:

Steroids (prednisolone)- worked really well but not ideal long term
    Apoquel- did nothing
    Cytopoint- works a dream and results are quick but it's a longterm solution and isn't cheap

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice