Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Lhasa Apso Owner

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by mazzyc, Jun 28, 2009.

1. mazzyc

mazzyc PetForums Newbie

Hello, just want to introduce myself before I really get going with the dozens of questions I have!

Found this forum as on Wednesday I became the owner of a 3.5month old Lhasa Apso dog called Yogy (all black with some white). He is really gorgeous and settling in.

I have two children (nearly five years and two and a half) and my husband and 3 chickens and live in Essex.

Nor myself or my husband have ever owned a dog but I have been reading a lot and talking to my friends who own Lhasa's and other breeds.

He has had all his jabs, KC registered, been groomed already, currently being wormed, I have had him chipped and been trying to get him to walk on the lead (another post!).

The breeder advised to give him half a pouch of wet food in the morning and the other half in evening and some dry food (I have Royal Canin, Eukanuba and pro plan). I however plan on just offering dry food - unless otherwise advised on here.

At night he is in a crate and sometimes takes to it during the day with the door left open.

Some accidents in-doors and lots of praise when he goes wees/poohs outside.

I welcome advise and help with open arms and will soon post some photos of my gorgeous new little boy!

Michelle

2. Kinjilabs

Kinjilabs PetForums VIP

My sister has recently taken on a Lhasa he is 2 yrs old, hes lovely and really taking to obedience and agility, im sure you will enjoy yours!

3. scosha37

scosha37 PetForums VIP

Hi and welcome to PF,,,hope you enjoy your stay...:D

4. animallover111

Hi and welcome to pf xx

5. FREE SPIRIT

FREE SPIRIT PetForums VIP

Hiya and welcome :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice