Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Let's Say NO To Bakers Complete

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Born2BWild, Oct 26, 2012.

1. Born2BWild

Born2BWild PetForums Senior

Hello,

If we could all just spare a few minutes to send our views on Bakers Complete to watchdog@bbc.co.uk then they may consider following it up and produce a story on it.

One of the biggest problems is that people are still being brainwashed by colourful, eye catching advertisements and packaging with little knowledge of what actually goes in to this poison!

What you write doesn't have to be long or fancy - just enough to get over the point we are trying to make. It could read similar to this;

Hello,

Firstly, a little about me;

My name is Keeley and I have nearly reached the end of my studies in to canine nutrition and soon to be qualified. I am a raw feeder and believe and know dogs should be on a natural diet, or as close to natural as possible. I know it isn't possible for some people to feed raw so they will look to the next best diet, normally dry or wet commercial food.

I would like to draw your attention to Bakers Complete - anything but natural. With an insultingly low "meat" content at just 4% and even then it's "meat and animal derivatives" which are parts like beaks, feathers etc not suitable for human consumption. Their first ingredient is cereals, being wheat, barley etc which dogs really do not need and these are often used as a cheap filler - not digestible to dogs. They also add artificial colourings and sugars, which really aren't needed and very bad for a dog. You tell me..since when does a dog need artificial colours and sugars ? They wouldn't of got these in the wild (not that they would need or want them!). Bakers complete really is a shockingly unhealthy "dog food" - I struggle to even call it a "dog food" - more like poison! And feel something needs to be done - people need to be aware of this food being what I actually is and it needs to be discontinued for good. People are brainwashed when seeing advertisements and see it presented to them in the supermarket - they believe it's a good food, but they couldn't be more wrong. If Bakers Complete (Purina) stopped spending money on advertisement and spend it*on their product then they could make it a reasonable food. But to be honest, it's better off scrapping!*

Take a look at this;

I often get asked "Why shouldn't I feed Bakers complete to my dog ?"

People often claim their dog does really well on it and LOOKS healthy but little do they know what damage is being caused as a result of feeding their dog this beyond shocking food...

Why you SHOULD NOT FEED YOUR DOG BAKERS -

E320 - has been found to be tumour -producing when fed to rats. In human studies it has been linked with urticaria, angioedema and asthma.

E321 - BANNED for use in food in Japan, Romania, Sweden, and Australia. The US has BANNED it from being used in infant foods. So bad McNasty's have voluntarily eliminated it from their products.

E310 - BANNED from children's foods in the US because it is thought to cause the blood disorder methemoglobinemia.

E172 - BANNED in Germany.
    E132 - Can cause skin sensitivity, a rash similar to nettle rash, itching, nausea, high blood pressure and breathing problems. One of the colours that the Hyperactive Children's Support Group recommends be eliminated from the diet of children. PROHIBITED in Norway.

E102 - TARTRAZINE -A trial on 76 children diagnosed as hyperactive, showed that tartrazine provoked abnormal behaviour patterns in 79% of them.

E110 - Sunset Yellow (E110) has been found to damage kidneys and adrenals when fed to laboratory rats. It has also been found to be carcinogenic when fed to animals.

E104 - One of the colours that the Hyperactive Children's Support Group recommends be eliminated from the diet of children.BANNED in Australia, Japan, Norway and the United States.

E171 - BANNED in Germany.

E153 -BANNED as a food additive in the United States of America. Suspected as a carcinogenic agent.

And which food contains ALL of these ? ....... Bakers Complete!

"low quality protein and carbohydrates used."
    "It is packed with additives, preservatives and sugars."
    "Bakers Complete is the equivalent of us eating McDonalds 3/4 times a day.

Quoted from;

http://almurray.hubpages.com/hub/Bak...og-Food-Review

Need I say any more...

Thank you for taking the time to read this - I hope something can be done about this awfully shocking poison that people continue to feed their dogs with very little knowledge of what is actually in it!

Kind regards,

Keeley.

It doesn't have to be that long or detailed but you get the idea!

Let's all make a stand and say NO to Bakers Complete!

2. xbaileyboox

xbaileyboox Banned

my sisters dog was on bakers, and she stank! iv never smelt such a bad smelling dog, her coat was greesy and awful :(

3. lisa0307

lisa0307 PetForums VIP

Our dog came from the breeders on Bakers and he was so hypo we couldn't wait to change him on to Burns...made such a difference...wouldn't ever recommend Bakers :(
    Will be happy to send an email. Thanks hun x :)

4. Wiz201

Wiz201 PetForums VIP

Mine only have the meaty bites as treats on walks, they'll never get bakers as a main diet.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice