Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Lethargic Hamster

Discussion in 'Small Animal Chat' started by IsabellaKing00, Oct 30, 2020.

1. IsabellaKing00

IsabellaKing00 PetForums Newbie

Hi my hamster seems to be sleeping alot more and eating/ stashing more food. He just isn't himself and he's less than a year old. Any advice is appreciated??

2. Engel98

Engel98 PetForums VIP

Hamsters always stash food so wouldn't worry about that. Just hold off feeding him for a few days so his stash starts to go down this keeping it fresh.

Hamsters are nocturnal so it's completely normal to not see them much when you're awake. I almost never see Nikolai or Ghost, but my room comes alive at 1am :)

Is the room a stable temp and is remaining warm enough? Is the cage away from drafts and radiators?

Can I see the cage set up? He may be bored? Hope this helps

3. Knighterist

Knighterist PetForums Member

I use a security camera with night vision to spy on my hamster and check videos in the morning. I got worried he wasn't quite himself but turns out at 2-4am he's very busy on his wheel. :)

4. IsabellaKing00

Thanks for the response, ive attached his cage set up. I've had him for over 3 months so I've become used to how little I see of him during the day but I'm awake quite later and wake up early and I've seen less of him than usual. When I take him out for a bit he used to play alot but now he tends to find a dark spot and fall asleep. My room is consistently warm and he's away from drafts. I think it's just the change in day length causing this but I wanted to check. IMG_20201101_144139.jpg

Attached Files:

5. IsabellaKing00

I might try this to make sure he's still doing something during the night. Thanks for the response.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice