Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Let the cat have it or see if its ok?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by PoisonGirl, Jun 25, 2009.

1. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Milo just left what I think is a baby rat on the grass. I went to move it so the dogs didn't get it, and it was alive!
    It looked at me but didn't move so I put it behind the gate away from the dogs.

The cats have buggered off but I'm not sure if this thing has internal injuries or what, but its not bleeding, might just be in shock.

Do I put it safe and see if it recovers or let the cat's have it?

x

2. spid

spid PetForums VIP

let the cats have it.

3. pennywise

pennywise PetForums Member

Nah, let it recover if it will.

Ps good luck with the test, hope its good news :)

4. Gobaith

Gobaith PetForums VIP

Aww no poor thing, how would you like it if you were in shock so a huge moster came and gobbled you up Lol :eek:hmy:
    Haha.

Chloe x

5. spid

spid PetForums VIP

Better to die a quick death at the jaws of a cat than spend the next three days slowly and painfully dieing of an internal hemorage (and as un PC as this is, this as a domestic wild rat (not a cute and cuddly tame pet one) - considered vermin by many, left to live it will multiply itself 1000 times by the end of the summer spreading diseases throughout along with it's progeny)

6. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

I quite agree. It's sad, but I've had to break birds necks before because my mother intercepted when our cats got birds and it's not nice seeing them die slowly.

7. tinamary

tinamary PetForums VIP

Vets will always give a look over and PTS if needed. Best not to let cats have it as it might have been poisened. Rats are ususally hard for a cat to get unless its ill or a young one in the first place.

8. Aud's_Mum

Aud's_Mum PetForums VIP

Now thats more humane than letting the cats have it! Good point about the poisoning

9. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Well I put it in a shoe box until I made my mind up what to do.. It just lay there.
    I went back half an hour later and it looked up at me, crawled into the corner of the box under the bit of kitchen roll I put in, and died :(

I don't much like common rats but I'm glad I saved it from further pain and I like to think it was thankful for me puting it comfortable to die quietly rather than get thrown about my garden by Milo.

x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice