Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Let sleeping dogs lie?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by rachel57, Aug 9, 2009.

1. rachel57

rachel57 PetForums Junior

Hi all , our new puppy has a lovely soft bed and fleecy blanket. He falls asleep in the bed but then half way through his sleep he will get out and sleep on the floor which is hard. Is he trying to tell me that he much preferes it on the floor or is it that hes getting out because hes to hot in his bed?. should i leave him or put him back onto his bed ? I dont want to disturb his sleep but i hate to think hes sleeping on a hard floor. any ideas ?

2. Nicky09

Nicky09 PetForums VIP

If he's comfortable just leave him there because if he wasn't he would wake up.

3. Badger's Mum

Badger's Mum PetForums VIP

leave him :D

4. Kinjilabs

Kinjilabs PetForums VIP

I would imagine he is too hot on the bed, he wouldn't lie on the wood floor if he wasnt comfortable, just let him sleep wherever hes most comfy:)

5. HighPr00

HighPr00 Banned

I would just leave him to sleep where he wants.

My dogs move to the cool floor when they got too hot in their beds.

6. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Guest

I would just leave him to settle where he wants...If he didnt like sleeping on the hard floor then he wouldnt put him self there ;)

7. flynnsmum

flynnsmum PetForums Member

He's probably getting a bit hot on his bed. Flynn does this, he loves sleeping on the cold kitchen floor. Leave him to it, like the others have said he wouldn't do it if it was comfortable.

8. Ducky

Ducky PetForums VIP

my puppy prefers sleeping on the hard floor rather than in a bed. think she gets far too hot from all her fluff!

9. Jazzy

Jazzy PetForums VIP

Our puppy also prefers to sleep on the floor than in her bed - well both our Bichons do. She's in the kitchen at the moment sleeping on the cool quarry tiled floor. They also like to sleep with their backs to the leather settee because its nice and cool.:rolleyes:

10. Mese

Mese PetForums VIP

Both of mine prefer the slate floor to their beds in this weather :)

11. TabbyRoad

TabbyRoad Banned

Even when the breeder still had her as a very small puppy, Mabel prefered the floor to a nice soft bed. She will still crash out on the hard cold floor. She especially loves the slate floor in the bathroom. She will usually end up back on her bed at some point during the night.

She knows what makes her comfortable more than we do so we have never moved her.

She has a thick fleecy coat (think small sheep) so she gets hot quite quickly. That will be remedied on Saturday when she goes for her shearing :D

12. barneythore

barneythore PetForums Senior

my pup sleeps in his bed then moves out also so i just leave him

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice