Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Less than a week till home and need a name!

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Emma_Williams, Jul 27, 2009.

1. Emma_Williams

Emma_Williams PetForums Junior

Hi all

I will be picking up my little bengal boy up in less than a week and my OH and I still can't decide on a name. :eek:hmy: We have made a list of a few but still can't decide on a name. The list we have so far is below. What do you all think and any other name ideas? Really stuck. Would appreciate it :)

1. Dagger (Because the markings on his back look just like a dagger. This is what the breeder has named him and what we have been calling him at the moment)

2. Kovu (From The Lion King 2, he is my favourite cartoon character)

3. Reven (The name of my new freelance website, Reven Animations. I came up with it years ago and it came from revving a motorbike. OH isn't keen on it though)

4. Taz (As in the cartoon character. My dad used to cover his dragster with Taz too)

5. Ryder (Like bike rider or knight rider. The Y is because I like it being a bit different. Ryder is because of my love of motorbikes)

The reason for tv and cartoon character names is because I love TV and film. I’m actually studying to be an animator/visual effects artist.

2. suzy93074

suzy93074 PetForums VIP

I like Ryder.....:Dxx

3. Cat_Crazy

Cat_Crazy PetForums VIP

I'm between Ryder and Kovu.

My cat is called Nala from the Lion King, love the film!

I would proberly go with Ryder if it was me seems easier to say and you may be shouting it on the streets one day if he wanders off.

4. Dozymoo

Dozymoo PetForums VIP

I just finished watching a staff screening of THE TAKING OF PELHAM 123. Coincidentally, bad guy is called Ryder. :D:D

5. Emma_Williams

LOL, I know i shouldn't like it more because of that but strangly I do :p Hope he won't be bad :s

Thanks for all your opinions so far. I got an email from the breeder saying "He races around at the moment with a mouse in his mouth growling and if anyone goes near him he growls cos he doen’t want to have his toy taken off him. He growls also when he eats his food if anyone tries to eat at the same time!!!!"

Thought some photos I was sent might help too :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. suzy93074

suzy93074 PetForums VIP

Awww he is gorgeous - deffo Ryder! it suits him and if he loves racing around its appropriate Dxxx

7. kidsandcats

kidsandcats PetForums Member

I quite like Ryder too. If you go for this you should let the breeder know so she can start calling him that too otherwise he will be confused if they are calling him dagger. Gorgeous kitten, bless him!!
    Sharon
    x

8. Emma_Williams

Will do thank you, I will discuss it with the OH when he's home but at the moment I'm going for Ryder or sticking with Dagger.
    The breeder might think we're bike obsessed! I let the OH choose his Ped name and he's chosen - 'Wildcry' Biker Cat, Ryder might be more matching the ped name ;)

9. Emma_Williams

Spoken to the OH and he has just decided that he doesn't like Ryder any more and now likes the names Gibbs (were fans of NCIS) and Dagger. He is so awkward!

Any views on Gibbs or Dagger?

10. amylou8

amylou8 PetForums Member

What a beautiful little man!!

I like Dagger, I think it suits him!

11. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

dont like either names!! :blushing:

he is lovely though!

12. ellie8024

ellie8024 PetForums VIP

i would say gibbs ha ha i am terrible for naming cats/kittens after characters i like

13. owieprone

owieprone PetForums VIP

i like gibbs but unsure if the cute little tyke suits it.

what about rek? as in reckless.

14. Emma_Williams

I'm not sure Gibbs suits him either. I'd say Tony if any of the characters from NCIS but thats my evil dads name and I couldn't have kitty having the same name as him.

Anyone got any other name ideas. Can throw them on the OH when he's home and see what happens. I just suggested Wiley after Wiley Coyote to him and he just laughed and called him Willy :( I made him look on a cat name site and he burst out laughing when he found Kitler. Got to admit it made me giggle but not very appropriate.

I'm rubbish at names. I also just found out that I have to have a name by Monday as he is getting chipped and I can't change it after without being charged.

15. kittykat

kittykat PetForums VIP

I like Dagger and Kovu, hes beautiful :)

16. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

I still like Ryder:(. About the growling though, the best cat I ever owned was just like that as a kitten and he grew up to be a big softy.

17. Emma_Williams

He definitly won't go back to Ryder sadly :(

I agree Gibbs doesn't fit so been thinking about different names. My mum wasn't helpful, she said call him Nemo 2 (her cat's called Nemo)

What about Remus?
    OH should like it because it was a British motorcycle company in 1914 and I like the name and its a Harry Potter character! He said he will think about it, kinda wish I didn't mention the Harry Potter thing though as he just went awww noooo and went upstairs.:rolleyes:

18. Amzy

Amzy PetForums Junior

I would just call him bloody gorgeous cause that exactly what he is! lol

19. Emma_Williams

OH agreed so I would like to introduce, REMUS!

[​IMG]

Thank you for all the lovely comments. Will post more pics when he is home on Sunday :D

20. ColliePower

ColliePower PetForums Senior

ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I love ryder, but Remus is also very nice!!!!

Cant wait 2c more pics what a beautiful kitty!!!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice