Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

less than 24 hours to go...

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by vet-2-b, Aug 23, 2013.

1. vet-2-b

vet-2-b PetForums VIP

well I pick up my beautiful girl tomorrow everything is ready to go and im trying my best to get some sleep but its sooo hard when your sooo excited lol it feels like Christmas and birthdays rolled into one :D and before you guys ask yes there will be pics !!!! :D

2. Milliepoochie

Milliepoochie PetForums VIP

ohhh what breed?

Hope you manage to get some sleep.

3. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

Savour your last night of sleep for a while - you don't know what you've got til it's gone :yikes: :laugh:.

Hope all goes well tomorrow :).

4. vet-2-b

vet-2-b PetForums VIP

Manchester terrier :001_wub: Well im falling asleep as I type lol I've been on holiday with a friend and only got back yesterday so im shattered but excited at the same time lol

haha very true I do like my sleep...oh well lol

thank you :) cant wait :D

5. Meezey

Meezey Slave to the Black & Tans and the Trundle Bugs.

Hope all goes well :) Hope she settles in well can't wait to see picture of her :)

6. vet-2-b

vet-2-b PetForums VIP

me too :) heehee don't worry there will be plenty !

7. Milliepoochie

Milliepoochie PetForums VIP

ohhhhh :) Cant wait to see photos :) You cant beat black / tan dogs :D :p

8. vet-2-b

vet-2-b PetForums VIP

haha defiantly not ;)

9. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

Yaaaaaaaay another MT on the forum! Our Mabel's half sister to be exact!!

I absolutely can't WAIT to watch her progress and see if she turns out anything like Mabel and their mum :)

Really excited for you.... don't do what I did and cry when you're about to leave with her! Breeder was taken aback to say the least, I don't know why but I just burst into tears :eek: I felt like I was taking their baby away from them :eek: :eek:

10. vet-2-b

vet-2-b PetForums VIP

fingers crossed she does :D lol when we left last time when we walked out my mum asked whether it was okay for us to have one of her babies as you could just see how much she cared about them :D ill try not to cry although it might be out of happiness as I've been waiting for this pup for years and years and im so glad that we have gone to this breeder :D

I will keep you updated don't worry after all were family now ;)

11. Golden6

Golden6 PetForums Member

How exiting! This will be me on Monday night! Looking forward to seeing some pics! :D

12. kodakkuki

kodakkuki PetForums VIP

ha! a couple who got one of my pups did the same thing- we kept him an extra week because they were on their honeymoon- so it had just been him as an only pup- and he was a wee dote... i cried so much i made them cry- and even ask if i was sure they could have him! he's spoilt rotten now though!!

manchester terrier is on my bucket list- i'm Very jealous of ya, so will just have to picture stalk your pup! :drool:

13. tiatortilla

tiatortilla PetForums VIP

Can't wait for the pictures :D

14. Emmastace

Emmastace PetForums VIP

That's exactly what I did when I picked Mylo up. I got in the back of the car with OH driving and the breeder handed him to me (she was holding him while I put my seat belt on and got sorted) and it felt like when you bring your own baby away from the hospital. I looked up at her as she handed him over and just burst into tears and said 'do you ever get used to this?' Still makes me emotional now.

15. vet-2-b

vet-2-b PetForums VIP

Okay I got some sleep...but I'm up now lol but today is the day!!!

16. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

Aww bless, I can't imagine how hard it must be to see them go, even though you know they are going to amazing homes! Do you manage to keep in touch with a lot of yours? Mabel's breeder keeps in touch with almost every single puppy owner, that's one of the best things about FB, it makes it SO much easier to keep in touch and share photos :)

Honestly, Manchesters are SUCH amazing dogs... despite growing up with them all my life, terriers aren't my thing at all but I really love Manchesters - they are goofy and silly but can really switch on and concentrate when you want them to, but they also settle down easily, they don't have quite the same crazy non-stop bouncing off the walls nutty temperament that a lot of terriers have... we always say to people that they are actually more Whippet like in their temperaments and their behaviour, Mabel certainly is. When I moved out of my parents house, I always said i'd never have another Terrier, but i'd certainly consider a Manchester :)

hahaha yeah we were sat on the sofa with her and they were just going through all the KC papers and stuff and I just started crying :eek: and I was still crying after we set off, I couldn't stop! :eek:

Awww how exciting! What time are you going for her? I couldn't wait to get there, it was like a 2 1/2 hour journey for us as well and it just seemed like the longest journey ever :lol: i'm working until 8 tonight so will be straight on after work to see an update, if you're not too busy playing with her :D

Good luck, and savour it - it's certainly not something you do every day! I took SO many photos and videos of Mabel on the day we fetched her home, and i'm so glad I did, I look through them and watch the videos back quite regularly, partly because I can't believe how small she was!

17. shirleystarr

shirleystarr PetForums VIP

good luck for today I bet you are so excited now

18. vet-2-b

vet-2-b PetForums VIP

aghhhhh cant pick up until tomorrow now :'( my mum and dad are on holiday and were suppose to be getting back early this morning but have now decided to stay the day and not get back till a lot later :( and the problem is I don't drive im trying not to get annoyed but its so hard when you've had this date saved for weeks :( looks like it will be tomorrow now :( will keep you all updated!

19. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

What a shame :(
    Have a lovely day tomorrow and I look forward to 'meeting' the new addition.

20. kodakkuki

kodakkuki PetForums VIP

thankfully all but a few owners have kept me updated (some from the litters my mum was in charge of) and actually the pup i was talking about is now big brother... they had a honeymoon baby! so i get sent pics of puppy Frankie and his bestest friend quite regular... might try to arrange a get together at some point next year for all my squooshes! :001_wub:
    it really does mean so much when people keep you updated on the wee loves!

oh no :(
    but just means you'll be even More excited when tomorrow finally comes!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice