Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Less than 2 days to go!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by bogie, Aug 29, 2013.

1. bogie

bogie PetForums Junior

I'm so excited :):):)

We pick up our new boy on Saturday morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've waited 6 years to be a cat owner again and it's nearly D-Day.

Just spent a blissful half hour in Pets at Home, inhaling the heavenly smell of dog chews and biscuits and hay and all pet smells that I've missed sooooooooo much.

I almost had a sarcastic moment at the till when I asked the rather dim/inexperienced/stupid assistant (poor guy) if he could wrap up the two ceramic cat bowls for me. He looked blankly and said they didn't have anything to wrap them in but he would 'pack them carefully and delicately' for me. I guessed this would mean he would wrap each one in a separate bag or two.

:thumbup1:

Anyway, he started to put ALL my shopping into one flimsy carrier bag, then........put the bowls directly on top of one another so they were scraping....and at a pace of O.N.E M.I.L.E A.N H.O.U.R.....proceeded to lower them embarrassingly slowly into the carrier bag (because of course 'carefully and delicately' equals slowly?!?!?!) He then just lifted the bag up and everything jumbled together with a crash :eek:

He then tried to fold the plastic food place mat in half (WHAT!??!) and at that point I just took it off him and trying VERY hard to rein in my PMT, said thanks and left the shop, carefully balancing an over-fully clanking heavy bag and a mat under my arm.

BUT I WAS HAPPY because it all means I am going to be a cat mummy again and all is well!!

2. Craftymamma

Craftymamma PetForums Member

How very exciting I look forward to seeing your pictures of your new arrival. Is a boy or girl? how old? more info please. We had a very long wait too I wanted to wait until our son seemed old enough, he is now 7, so we were cat free for a very long 7 and a half years.

We have had experience of some of the dim witted staff at pets at home.

Congratulations to being a cat owner once more x

3. bogie

bogie PetForums Junior

Hi Craftymamma
    He's a boy - a very very big chunky 3 year old BSH
    Just what I've always wanted!!

Will be posting pics on here as soon as I can :D

I've snuck about on this forum for a while, feeling like a bit of an imposter really, which is daft, I know. But from tomorrow (fingers crossed!!!) I'll be a bona fide pet owner again WHEW!!!!

Look out for Henry - he'll be appearing on here soon :):):):)

4. Craftymamma

Craftymamma PetForums Member

How fab, I hope you managed to sleep. I know I couldn't the night before we got Bobby. Started out going for one and ended up with 3. I look forward to seeing Henry BSH are lovely. :eek::eek:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice