Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Leopard Gecko Eye Problems

Discussion in 'Lizards' started by Josh Shuttlewood, Mar 22, 2019.

1. Josh Shuttlewood

Josh Shuttlewood PetForums Newbie

so recently I’ve been extremely busy with work and I haven’t had time to fully care for my gecko , daily water changes and spot picking her tank but I never got to observe her.

and I recently did a few days ago and I noticed her eyes are completely shut, and she cannot see a single thing , and she still drinks but hasn’t eaten , and her tail has shrunk tremendously and she has lost a lot of weight, I think it was from a previous failure shedding, I have spray to help with shedding so I gave her some , no luck,however I have just taken her out and had to preform some sort of operation on her , I got small cotton pads and gently dabbed her eyes with some warm water mixed with a small dose of TCP, eventually whatever was in her eyes came out after some gentle pulling with tweezers , it was some sort of thick wax which had encoated her entire eyes , she had the same problem on both eyes, and I removed two rather large balls of wax , and she still had a small layer on her eyes but i couldn’t risk removing it in case harming her eyes , and I’m still not sure if it’s fully gone ,any advice?

As you can see in the photos , what she should look like compared to the photos when the problem occurred

Attached Files:

2. Josh Shuttlewood

Josh Shuttlewood PetForums Newbie

she is also about 9 years old so old age might play apart haha

3. punkpixie

punkpixie PetForums Junior

hey, looks like the forum has gotten super quiet. I hope you took her to a vet and that she is better now.

Louie.birkinshaw likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice