Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Lennox- just seen this on Facebook

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by simplysardonic, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Goblin

Goblin PetForums VIP

I really think this has more to do with politics and the fact the council cannot seen to be wrong rather than the facts of the case. Absolute tragedy.

2. fuzzymum

fuzzymum PetForums Senior

Poor little man. Although I can't help thinking that after 2 years in kennels, in dubious conditions, whether he will have suffered too much mentally to ever become a family pet again. I know the fight is all about the principles of the matter, but I feel that there is no coming back from this for poor Lennox now either way. He should have never been there in the first place but 2 years is such an awfully long time. I hope it gets sorted one way or the other very very soon.

3. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Oh no :crying:

4. DT

DT Banned

OMG! the worst possible news!

Taking away the fact that this is so so so WRONG!
    How the hell can they ignore ALL those signatures.
    Could cry! I could
    When there is nothing left that we can do the only alternative I can thing of is that we pray!
    PRAY THAT SOMEONE SEES SENSE!
    Thoughts have to be with the owners xxx

5. Goblin

Goblin PetForums VIP

If the worst happens I would hope the family allow Lennox be used as another example why it should be deed not breed in the future, not just in Northern Ireland but wherever they have Breed Specific Legislation (BSL).

6. terencesmum

terencesmum PetForums VIP

Oh no. :(

It's a complete disgrace, if you ask me.

7. Set_Nights

Set_Nights PetForums VIP

This is sort of how I feel too :(. Sounds like he has had minimal human contact through all of this and we don't know what treatment and conditions he might have suffered. He won't be the same dog that was taken all that time ago. Such a sad, sad case :(.

I hadn't heard this part before though:

"Lennox was seized by Belfast City Council on May 19, 2010 after he was noted to be acting aggressively and knocked a dog warden to the ground by hitting her in the face with his muzzled jaw."

If that is true then his owners weren't doing him any favours :(.

8. noushka05

noushka05 Unicorn denier. Snowflake. Activist ;)

OMG no poor Lennox:(

9. Snoringbear

Snoringbear PetForums VIP

I hadn't heard that either. I thought they had gone to the wrong address with the wrong warrant when they seized him and happily chatted with the family before taking him.

10. Argent

Argent PetForums VIP

That's got to be an outright lie. Right from the very beginning, it was common knowledge that the dog warden visited the wrong house - the warrant was NOT addressed to Lennox's family - and Lennox happened to be there, didn't like the look of him, sat and had tea and biscuits with his owner, then measured him up and took him there and then. :mad2:

It has been proven over and over again that Lennox is NOT aggressive, even after the way he's been confined all this time. Just before Christmas, he was assessed, the video made it onto Youtube and despite getting teased and wound up by the 'assessor' (that idiot who trained police dogs so he must know absolutely everything about the most minute detail of dogs body language :rolleyes: :dita: ) , he didn't react aggressively - in fact, he'd have put most of our dogs to shame. I know my shih tzu wouldn't have been able to resist a treat being dangled in front of his face and taken away so many times without resorting to jumping up - had Lennox tried that, he'd have been pts there and then. They're flat out lying now, this is insane, Lennox must be freed, or Belfast have dug themselves a VERY deep grave. :mad:

11. fuzzymum

I guess that video has been removed now though? I always miss them. I just struggle to see how he will escape unharmed. The whole thing is a farce, an absolute joke and a disgrace. :(

12. Argent

Argent PetForums VIP

13. RockRomantic

RockRomantic Gobsh!te

Devastated, poor poor Lennox :'(

14. fuzzymum

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice