UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been a dog groomer for 5 years but have done it on the road with my mobile grooming salon, some health problems have led to me taking the van off the road and starting up at home..but i wondered what the legalities of this are?? i am a little scared to advertise incase the local grooming salon 'report' me, although i did call the town council and they didnt seem that bothered...can anyone shed any light??

·
Registered
913 Posts
I'm just in the process of starting off but I was told that if I wanted to run a business from my home I would need to apply to my local council to gain permission and see if it was possible. There are a lot in my area running dog grooming from their homes or out buildings at their homes so I can't see why I would be declined. I was also told that if I started off without permission then the council would just write to me initially explaining I needed permission, it would only be after receiving this and not getting permission where fines would come into force, not at the beginning (so I'm lead to believe). You need to also inform your home insurance you are wanting to run a business from home and you may be liable to business rates on waste disposal etc even though its your home.
So far that's all I can tell you, hopefully someone in the know can add to this or clarify further anything I've said.
I would also imagine you need to adhere to a health and safety procedure to protect your clients interests as well as your own.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.