UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

when out hacking do you put ant leg supports or bandages on your horses lower legs atall? my horse is on 3 and feel it will help support him, or do you think it will be ok without?

when do you tend to use supports or bandages

many thanks

·
Registered
622 Posts
It all depends really, normally i just use tendon boots when jumping, i dont use bandages at all as they can come off and start to unravel sometimes. Thankfully we dont have much hard ground to work on though, although if your working on the road or hard forrest tracks it might be worth getting a cheap but good pair of boots.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi Leam

Hope your well :)

i'll be doing quite a bit of hacking with Brin to start and going up to a place which is very near and grassy and let him really stretch his gets, i was just unsure of what support if any to put on him, i may 'invest' in some boots for my boy :) :)

i want to start dressage when brin is all settled in i cant wait it will be something for us both to learn :D

·
Registered
622 Posts
Oh remember lots of pictures when you get him! Boot arent too expensive, i have a set of Tekna tendon boots which im using at the moment and i think they were only £29 or something. I also have a set of Roma boots which were £25 for front and backs together. If your looking for items check equestrian clearance website as they always have good prices, much cheaper than local tack shops.

I would deffinately have boot on if your riding in a field as although the ground can be soft, with the undulations of the ground it can put extra strain on the legs, espec at fast work.

I love doing dressage, unfortunately though i can never remember a test so just do it at home.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Leam

thanks for your reply i was thinking just a bit of support for him he is only young but no matter what the age is, soft ground i just want the best for my horse, protection etc etc, make sure the less harm he comes to through strains etc, or hard or soft ground, just want him to be ok,

ill have a look for those boots

ill definately put some pics up :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.