Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Lecturers at my uni are striking today

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by GoldenShadow, Mar 24, 2011.

1. GoldenShadow

GoldenShadow PetForums VIP

We have seven faculty buildings and its outside the faculty I belong to they are striking, so could be fun trying to get in apparently they aren't meant to be causing any disruption to our learning but I don't know quite how that works..!

I don't care about not having a lecturer for a few lectures etc but it does seem a bit shite that as students we're missing out on tuition hours that cost us 3K a year, you'd think the uni would listen to them to stop it etc but doesn't look like it.

Could be an interesting day :D

2. Savahl

Savahl Guest

They are at our uni too.... shame im only there on a friday :rolleyes:

3. GoldenShadow

Haha unlucky! Out of three people I have today only one is striking.

I'm glad they are striking though, that people actually care enough to complain! :)

4. cheekyscrip

cheekyscrip Pitchfork blaster

good luck to them..sure they have a bit to complain about!...and believe me or not..they do it for your good too...:p

5. Argent

Argent PetForums VIP

Saw three people outside Uni today, we were rather confused but it makes sense now! I don't think any of my tutors in particular are protesting or striking though...

6. xhuskyloverx

xhuskyloverx PetForums VIP

The lecturers are striking at my college today :)

Day off!! lol Not in again till tuesday :)

7. GoldenShadow

Haha nice one on the day off front!

My lecturer who is striking says he doesn't really want to but doesn't have a choice because he belongs to a certain trade union which supports it/most people in it are striking and it would cause him more trouble to not strike than it would to strike even if he's not majorly fussed about it..!

I can see why they are doing it but not sure if it will get them far, as always :(

8. Moan like hell for a refund on part of the fees!

9. xhuskyloverx

xhuskyloverx PetForums VIP

Yep same with our lecturers, I know at least 2 don't really want to strike but if they don't they kicked out of the union :eek:

10. GoldenShadow

Well that was a wasted day!

Went in, waited and waited for out tutor who said he was going to start early and he didn't show up so we all left. Only four out of thirteen showed, wish I hadn't bothered could have took the dogs out but will be getting busy everywhere now school time is nearly up :(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice