Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

LEAVING NEW PUPPY

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Courtney Pearson, May 2, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Courtney Pearson

Courtney Pearson PetForums Newbie

Hi,

Me and my partner have booked 4 days away in June before we decided to get our new 8 week old miniature daushund , we offically pick up the new puppy on the 15th May and plan to leave for four days on the 12th June, the puppy will be around 12 weeks old.

I'm feeling really guilty and nervous to leave the new puppy for four days, my Mum will be looking after him whilst we're away and has plenty of experience looking after puppies. But I just want to know what other people's experiences have been with leaving their 12 week old puppy four weeks aft getting them and leaving them with someone new for 4 days.

I was thinking of asking the breeder to keep hold of him until we're back but that's extra 4 weeks the owner has to keep hold of him and I don't know whether they'll accept that.

What would people do and is there anything experiences where people have left their puppy for 4 days and they've been okay?

2. lorilu

lorilu PetForums VIP

I would cancel the holiday and concentrate on the new dog.

3. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

Take the pup with you?

Or ask the breeder to hold on to him.

If they won’t, I would be concerned at their ethics as breeders as I’m surprised they’d let a pup go under such circumstances.

Sounds like getting the pup hasn’t been planned too well tbh.

4. Courtney Pearson

Courtney Pearson PetForums Newbie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice