Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Leaving kittens..

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by LisaLisa, Jul 5, 2009.

1. LisaLisa

LisaLisa PetForums Junior

Hi all,

I am going to my mums tomorrow until saturday. She lives miles away and I haven't seen her since easter.

Anyway, we are taking our two 12 week old kitties to a friend of my boyfriends, who is going to look after them while we're away.

I just feel awful about leaving them when they're so young, even though I know they will be well cared for.

I guess I just want a bit of reassurance that they'll be ok?
    :crying:

2. Dozymoo

Dozymoo PetForums VIP

As long as they are together, and have some familiar toys and blankets, food and litter, I'm sure they will be fine. Are there any other pets where you are sending them, as that might be the only snagging point.

Enjoy your trip. xx

3. spid

spid PetForums VIP

They will be fine and will love you masses when you return.

4. LisaLisa

Hi, thanks for your reply :)

No, there are no other animals there. If there had been I wouldn't have let them go there, I'm very protective lol.

I'm gonna put a t-shirt of mine in with their stuff, so they have a familiar scent.

I'm maybe worrying a bit too much, I'll probably miss them more than they miss me!

5. Dozymoo

Dozymoo PetForums VIP

Of course you'll miss them! The first time I left Cleo over night I spent all evening phoning home and checking up on her! :rolleyes:

I wouldn't worry anymore about it though. They'll be fine together. xx

6. LisaLisa

thanks guys :)

they won't hate me will they? i have to take them round soon and they're just lying down all happy. I feel sooooo guilty, like the world's worst mother! :(

7. littlekitty

littlekitty PetForums Senior

They should be alright as long as they are together, and it's a good idea to take some of their familiar things with you. Of course you will miss them, their your babies, I missed my two when I had to leave them, last year holidays, but mine stayed at home with my son, so didn't have to worry to much.
    As long as you can trust the person enough to look after your babies, and you leave a contact number, they will be fine.
    You'll be home before you know it and it's only a few days so try and relax a little and enjoy your break.

8. dave2506

dave2506 PetForums Newbie

Our two kittens are going to stay with my grandparents when we go away in a couple of weeks and they will be a similar age. I know they will be well looked after and fussed there and I know my grandparents will enjoy having them as well so I'm not too worried - I just hope they remember us when we come home!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice