Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Leash Problem

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by Ann Walker 5, Nov 15, 2020.

1. Ann Walker 5

Ann Walker 5 PetForums Newbie

Getting on great with most things now 4mths along with our rescue x Ruby however she still won’t allow hubby to attach leash or put a harness on. We get barking,a lunge (not sure if with intent to bite) but don’t want to push it. We have tried some training with her in small chunks. With the loop leash she will eventually take a treat through the loop but won’t allow it to go further with him. Can’t find any suitable videos to have him watch for help her, any suggestions. Unfortunately she won’t use back garden so that’s not an option

2. Twiggy

Twiggy PetForums VIP

I take it you mean she is OK with you attaching lead or harness? Have you any idea why she is so averse to your husband doing it. Has he caught her ear or something like that and is she fine with him in all other circumstances? Is there a reason why she won't use your back garden to toilet and how did you toilet train her?

3. Ann Walker 5

Ann Walker 5 PetForums Newbie

Yes she ok with me so I have to do it for him and she happily goes out with hubby for her walk. She has been this way since we brought her home from rescue so may have been mistreated with one previously, difficult to know as no background for her. She is at least 2/3 yrs so already house trained.

4. JoanneF

JoanneF PetForums VIP

#4 JoanneF, Nov 15, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2020
  5. Ian246

Ian246 PetForums VIP

Do you mean a carabiner, @JoanneF ? This sort of thing:

Attached Files:

6. JoanneF

JoanneF PetForums VIP

I was thinking of a short nylon strap with a loop on each end, so lighter than carabiner; and the loops would be much smaller too - less chance of catching. I'm cross with myself because I know I have posted exactly the same thing recently (possibly on a different forum) and I can't find it!

Lurcherlad likes this.
  7. Ian246

Ian246 PetForums VIP

You can get small, light ones - no good whatsoever for climbing, but they’re good for clipping things together. I use one to clip the other end of my dog’s lead to the front of his harness. Just easy to clip on and off.

JoanneF likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice