Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Leakage

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Burrowzig, Jul 21, 2020.

1. Burrowzig

Burrowzig PetForums VIP

There's been a few times recently where Kite has got up suddenly and there's been a wet patch, and some drips. I don't think it's a UTI - she goes all night without wetting her bed (or mine, where she spends some of the night), it's just when getting up in a hurry, and she doesn't need to go for a pee any more frequently than normal.
    I know about propalin, which is prescription only so would mean a vet visit and getting a sample from her - tricky!.
    Does anyone have any recommendations for other products, ideally one I could get online without prescription? Some of the side effects of propalin look potentially worrying, too.
    CSJ Hold it looks worth a try.

#1 Burrowzig, Jul 21, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2020
  2. wee man

wee man PetForums VIP

We have a girl who drips and causes small wet patches about 1 month before her season is due. We have a homeopathic remedy that we use to stop it which seems to work, (prescribed by our vet).

This started back in 2016. Our vet first suggested breeding from her, which we tried, this did not help.
    The next suggestion was the homeopathic treatment "Sabina" 30c

#2 wee man, Jul 21, 2020
  3. Magyarmum

Magyarmum PetForums VIP

4. Burrowzig

Burrowzig PetForums VIP

#4 Burrowzig, Jul 21, 2020
  5. Blitz

Blitz PetForums VIP

I dont see why you need to get a sample except to eliminate a UTI. Nothing shows up is it just leaking. Candy has been on propalin about 10 years, no side effects. It is not hard to get a sample if you want to.

Torin. and Lurcherlad like this.
  6. McKenzie

McKenzie PetForums VIP

Kenzie was diagnosed as incontinent about a year ago. She’s on a low dose of incurin and it works amazingly well. No need for a urine sample, I just explained to the vet.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice