Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Laws on pushing a child over

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by SpringerHusky, Mar 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpringerHusky

SpringerHusky PetForums VIP

Not saying anything but what can be done/like what are the consequences?

2. dobermummy

dobermummy Banned

not sure on the law but as a parent if a teenager or adult pushed one of my kids over i would go mental and make sure they were hurt back :eek:

(yes i am a protective mum :D)

3. Sarah+Hammies

Sarah+Hammies PetForums VIP

Same here! I wouldnt necessarily hurt them back as i dont condone violence but id want consequences.

4. SpringerHusky

As i said i'm not going into any details but rather just trying to find out.

5. Would that be a dog pushing a child over or another child or an adult!
    The consequences would be difference for all three!

and what was the age of the child who was pushed over?

6. 0nyxx

0nyxx PetForums VIP

im sure you'll find it's still classed as common assault, not sure how far it would go in court unless the child was injured, also depends on why they were pushed over (not that im condoning it) as in if there was a bit of a scuffle & it was unintentional.

1st ine would probably be a verbal caution, then it would have to be decided if there was enough to press chargers etc.

7. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

If an adult was to push a child over then that said person (if seen and witnessed by another person) can be sure of the police knocking on that adults door. Probably get a caution, but some parents can push for the police to produce something harsher. I think it would depend on how it happened and how old those persons are. If it is a child of similar age doing it then there is not alot that can be done, apart from asking police to have a word with the other childs parents.
    If an adult was to push my grandkids then I would be soon on the phone to the police to get them a warning in front of their parents, if they did it again, I would take it further.

8. Sparkle

Sparkle PetForums Senior

It's common assault as is spitting on someone. However it's very unlikely anything would be done for a push and would probably create more problems f you reported it.

9. SpringerHusky

Ok thanks guys can I get this locked now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice