UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Master of the Whingey Cat.
7,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had to share these pics of Lela with you all, as she's the most beautiful little lady! Somebody found her in their greenhouse and brought her in. You may notice that she is in fact a pedigree Bengal! Nodody claimed her, despite us contacting lots of other centres and trawling through lost and found records (I mean, she's no ordinary stray, is she?), so today she was rehomed.

It's a new record, with her being rehomed within just 2 days of being up for adoption!! It's a pity none of our beautiful black cats go so quickly :rolleyes:

Anyhoo, I went in for cuddles and oh my, she LOVES being picked up and fussed. She spent a good half an hour sat on my shoulders!

What is it with the SAA cats and hoods? :lol:

Good luck in your new home, darling, your new owners are incredibly lucky to have adopted you! :001_wub:

·
7,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh she is a beauty!

Do we add bengals to your list now? ;)

M&M's breeder used to breed bengals, amazing cats :D
What list? Singing:.... Maybe :blush:

It's amazing how fast peds go in rescues, we had a Ragdoll and an NFC, they were both snapped up straight away, too. I was absolutley stunned that Spooks was up for adoption for 2 weeks, but now it's clear he was waiting for me :D

Here's a pic showing off Lela's markings:

She's absolutely beautiful!!

·
7,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Beautiful cat....it is a shame that the moggies are not taken as quick..makes you wonder tho why this cat was never claimed by its owners tho. Was she not chipped?
I know, it is such a shame that she was rehomed within days, whilst in the pen next to her, there are two very shy moggies who have been there since February :(

This was a strange case- Lela's a young (around 10 months old), unspayed female who somebody found in their greenhouse. She was not microchipped and had no collar, so I was- and still am- thinking that she was an indoor cat that's escaped. I can only think that it seemed 'unnecessary' to chip her with her being a housecat :rolleyes:

Knowing how much these beauties cost, and seeing how much she adores humans means I am CERTAIN she has had owners. I tried everywhere to try and trace them- I would be going bananas if Spooks escaped!!- but to no avail. Nobody's reported a cat missing with her description.

To be honest, I feel a sense of sadness that she's been rehomed so quickly. I just have a gut feeling that somebody, somewhere, is devastated to have lost her. She's a wonderful cat and is in brilliant condition, so she's clearly been a pet :confused:

·
Registered
8,368 Posts
She is really beautiful, it's a shame the owners couldn't be found though, they must be very upset to have lost her :(

What would happen if they were found now that she has been rehomed? :confused:

·
7,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
She is really beautiful, it's a shame the owners couldn't be found though, they must be very upset to have lost her :(

What would happen if they were found now that she has been rehomed? :confused:
Sadly, it would be out of the SAA's hands. The most we could do is give them details of her new owners to see if they could negotiate something between them. I have to say if I was in charge, she wouldn't have been up for adoption until I was absolutely sure her owners couldn't be traced. Unfortunately, I don't make the rules :(

·
Registered
6,383 Posts
I agree I think 2 days is far too soon. I am surprised at the rescue, I would have thought they would keep an animal for at least a week before looking to rehome.

If I was the original owner I would be devistated if I found they had done this, however it is an owners responsibility to chip their pets.

·
Registered
8,368 Posts
Sadly, it would be out of the SAA's hands. The most we could do is give them details of her new owners to see if they could negotiate something between them. I have to say if I was in charge, she wouldn't have been up for adoption until I was absolutely sure her owners couldn't be traced. Unfortunately, I don't make the rules :(
Here's a Bengal which went missing from the Manchester area...
Cat lost from Ashton-under-Lyne, Tameside, United Kingdom, SK14

·
7,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I agree I think 2 days is far too soon. I am surprised at the rescue, I would have thought they would keep an animal for at least a week before looking to rehome.

If I was the original owner I would be devistated if I found they had done this, however it is an owners responsibility to chip their pets.
Oh no, she was in quarantine for the standard 2 weeks, she's just been on view to the public for the last 2 days.

She's now been chipped and spayed, so hopefully nothing like this happens again and does have a lovely new home, but I do feel a little guilty, as silly as it sounds. Having said that, if Spooks was to go missing I'd be frantically phoning EVERYONE, and putting posters everywhere!! Molly once went missing and we phoned everyone we could think of, I'm very surprised nobody called around for her :confused:

·
7,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Crazy Cat Lady of Bucks
14,968 Posts
When I adopted my Tim (rip) from the Blue Cross, the adoption papers stated that if owners came forward within 6 weeks I would have to give him up :(

He was found as a stray and had been a resident at the Blue Cross for 10 weeks.

·
Registered
8,587 Posts
the poor owners could still be on a long holiday like our very own MC was?? :confused: and she could have been in the hands of someone not very responsible!

their was a gorgeous moggy that went missing in my town a few months ago. there are posters in EVERY part and on every lost pet site.
this would be my plan of action if mine went missing,and their chips couldnt be scanned for whatever reason.

·
Registered
6,383 Posts
Oh, my heart was in my mouth clicking on that. Lela wasn't chipped or spayed, though, and was found quite a while away from Ashton-Under-Lyne so I'm pretty sure that's not her.

Thank you anyway! :)
Bengalcatsandkittens said:
Bengals are intelligent and inquisitive cats and often find their way into cars & vans etc. so can travel great distances so if you do hear of/find a Bengal - even though it may be many miles from the area these Bengals have been lost in - it is worth checking with the owners of the lost Bengals
. So Ashton to Urmston isn't that far

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.