Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Latest on stray cat

Discussion in 'Cat Training and Behaviour' started by buzzmaster, May 6, 2010.

1. buzzmaster

buzzmaster PetForums Member

Well put collar with tag and message on the stray cat as advised by people on thread and all to no avail :( also been asking around neighbours and no joy so as i suspected she is a stray.

I have today telephoned the cat's rescue and they were brilliant they also suspect that she has not been neutured as since she appeared suddenly several cats appearing in my garden :( i have taken the step of feeding her and allowing her to take shelter in my house as i followed all advise before i took this step but i could not see her either starve or be hounded by the local tom cats! Cats rescue have put me in touch with another charity whom will pay for me to take the cat to a vets and have her checked over and if need be get vacinations and neutured and full health check then they will place her with a foster home until such time as she can be given a loving home.

I would seriously have kept this cat as she is so loving albeit a bit scared which understandable, but sadly my 8month tom cat whilst plays with her has now started urinating and doing his jobs in the living room on the carpet where the stray cat slept obviously marking his territory but not something i want to continue! Also because he much younger he wants to play all the time whereby she is older and happy to eat and sleep.

But she is a lovely natured cat and so so loving :) and if i can make her life comfortable and loving until she goes to a foster home then that the least i can do and at least i know for the time being she is safe even if that means at the cost of my kitty trying to poo and wee but i am sure over time we can overcome this

But i was sad when the lady at the cats rescue was telling me about all the abandoned kittens/cats it heartbreaking and unfair considering help is out there for people so that at least they can ensure that the cats do not go on to have numerous kittens that they cannot take care of :frown:

Dally Banjo likes this.
  2. hobbs2004

hobbs2004 PetForums VIP

Gosh, it sounds as though you would love to keep her. This may be blue-sky thinking but could your cats' behaviour change once she has been spayed? Anyone?

3. Dally Banjo

Dally Banjo PetForums VIP

Well done for trying & at least she'l have a safer life with your help :) x

4. buzzmaster

well i am keeping all options open at moment and either way i will make sure this cat has a loving home to go to, but yes could be okay when she spayed so fingers crossed :)

5. buzzmaster

thank you so much it just feels much better to help than to sit on the sideline doing nothing but OH had his doubts but even he has come around caught him cuddling stray cat other day and talking to her :) x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice