Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Last time I went into pets at home

Discussion in 'Fish Keeping Chat' started by danielled, Aug 5, 2018.

1. danielled

danielled PetForums VIP

I went to have a nosey at the fish and as I was looking overheard one of the staff with a customer who was asking about buying a common goldfish for their they said for their tank, on being asked if it was cycled lady said yes for 3 days. Chap said I’m sorry but it needs to be cycled for 6 to 8 weeks and the tank you have is far too small. I thought that’s odd. Once the lady had left I said to the chap makes a nice change you know your fish. Then I saw a bulldog pleco and said that’s a bulldog pleco I’ve got one. He was up for a chat. I told him about my pond and how we had to rehome the fish in there due to two problems the heron and the leak. Mind you my pets at home are better than most. One in salford I saw a hamnster who was clearly ill so asked a staff member to get it checked he just said he’s fine.

Picklelily and LinznMilly like this.
  2. NaomiM

NaomiM PetForums VIP

Did you get the name of the staff member? I think you can go on P@H's website and recommend them as a star colleague or something like that. I've done it before after a similar experience. I was very impressed to overhear a staff member giving advice about fishless cycling and telling a customer her tank was too small for a goldfish, and recommending more suitable fish such as guppies.

P@H gets a bad rap, often deservedly, but each store's only as good as the staff that work there, and there are a few stores out there that do have knowledgeable staff :)

Picklelily and danielled like this.
  3. danielled

danielled PetForums VIP

Sadly I didn’t manage to get his name but next time I see him I will.

4. Picklelily

Picklelily PetForums VIP

Our pets at home is excellent the staff really know their fish so I'm glad yours was the same.

danielled likes this.
  5. Orla92

Orla92 PetForums Newbie

Wow! That is amazing for pets at home. There's one bloke in my local store that knows his fish. All the rest are absolutely useless. Not that it's their fault mind, it's the company to the blame for not training their staff appropriately!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice