UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was stroking Cuddles at at the base of her back above her left leg bone there is a huge lump (Feels like a bruise), yes she did meow at me when I touched it and then went to bite me. There is no visible lump there it can only be felt (If you know what I mean). It just feels like a bruise (It's quite a large one) hoping it isn't a tumour or anything.

I guess I should get it checked out. What would you do?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have just felt it again and Cuddles is very uncomfortable me touching it and pulled herself away from me and went to bite me again :(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You mentioned there is a large lump, then say there is no visible lump.

If my cat had a large lump which was tender to touch, I would probably see the vet.
Thanks.

I'll take her up in the morning to see the vet.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

If my cat had a large lump which was tender to touch, I would probably see the vet.
You can feel it when stroking her, there is definitely a lump there as my friend has felt it as well (May well be a bruise, but will get her checked out again by the vet tomorrow).

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I haven't been keeping up with all the problems Cuddles gets so apologies if I've got this wrong, but was she vaccinated recently? It could be a normal (or abnormal) reaction to the vaccination which could take a few weeks to subside.

My Rosie had a similar kind of lump both times she was given a vaccine combination that included one for Felv, though Watson never developed a lump.

Of course, it could be something completely different so best check with the vet.

·
Registered
8,368 Posts
Definitely get it checked today!!

It could be vaccine-related if it's near where she was vaccinated, some cats do get a big, tender lump (Pixie did) but only the vet can tell you for sure. Yes it could be a bruise if she has jumped and injured herself, but the vet will still need to check, and maybe give her some painkillers. Hope she's ok.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry for the delay in replying.

Hahaha Hobbs I am bent over backwards laughing (NOT).

Firstly, no it was not a sore as a result of the annual booster as Cuddles had the booster in the neck area not the leg.

The vet had a play around with the lump, Cuddles naturally bit him as it is hurting her :), I did warn him she might bite. He gave Cuddles some pain relief in the form of an injection (To the neck area) and Cuddles is naturally sleeping it off now. He wasn't sure if it is a bruise as there is no obvious signs of bruising and Cuddles hasn't been doing anything to have caused her to get a bruise and would like me to take Cuddles to the BC next week for further tests, he said it would be best I was transferred back to the BC. He phoned them up whilst I was there and they made an appointment whilst on the phone to him and she is in on Monday at 9am for xrays and further examinations. The BC said that if Cuddles gets any worse to bring her straight in to the emergency clinic, but to phone ahead to let them know I am on my way in.

A weekend of worry ahead :(

·
Registered
8,368 Posts
Sorry to hear about this Tom, I hope Cuddles copes well over the weekend, and then she will be in the right place on Monday, and they can get her a speedy diagnosis and the right treatment.

Sending cuddles for Cuddles! :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Arghh my head is all over the place worrying about Cuddles. I know I said I wouldn't post until Monday but all kinds of thoughts are going through my head. It's going to be along weekend with very little sleep.

·
Riley
8,255 Posts
Arghh my head is all over the place worrying about Cuddles. I know I said I wouldn't post until Monday but all kinds of thoughts are going through my head. It's going to be along weekend with very little sleep.
ah Tom, I know what its like to worry and no matter what I say it won't stop you as I've been there myself lately....however try not to worry round cuddles as she will pick up on your vibes....when I worry I go for a walk or have a hot shower, or if really bad I will clean the house!!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.