Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Large Dogs Drinking Fountain

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Whitneysmom, Aug 18, 2009.

1. Whitneysmom

Whitneysmom PetForums Newbie

Hello...I haven't posted on a forum like this before, but there has always got to be a first one, I guess!:) I received an awesome new bowl for my Standard Poodle to drink out of, today. It actually is a fountain, and the brand name is DRINKWELL. I hate putting things together, so my first surprise was that it was one of the easiest things I've ever done!! There is an easy little charcoal filter, a nice clear water bottle that attaches to the
    back, and a plug in. You clean the fountain every week, and the little motor
    every two weeks. I filled the bowl with water, as well as the water bottle, and it dribbles out over the spout above the bowl. The fountain makes a
    lovely noise, as any larger water fall would. There is no splash, or wetting of
    the area around the fountain. I usually keep Whitney's water bowl in our
    bedroom, but this will be in the kitchen. I am sure the gentle noise of the
    water flow would keep me running to the bathroom! LOL The aeriation of the water as it falls over into the bowl, is supposed to keep it fresher than water just standing in a bowl. To say the least, I am very excited about this, and the probable health benefits. I heard about it in a Veterinary Newletter. I'll post about how Whitney does with it.;)

2. Whitneysmom

:D Well, my grin is as big as this goofy one right now!! It took a couple of hours for Whitney to get curious enough about the fountain, to really check it out. She went to it, checked it out, and took a brief drink. After walking
    away, she turned back around and had a better sized drink. Again she left it, and went back for a REALLY big drink. After this, it was time to root around on the carpet, and roll a bit, showing great pleasure in her special way. The
    DRINKWELL "Big-Dog" FOUNTAIN is a major hit!! I am SO happy!! With that
    great reservoir, the water in the "bowl" is kept at a level of approx. 4inches, and the large dogs don't have to bend over to lap water out of the bottom of a regular bowl. Whitney has arthritis in her legs and neck, so bending way
    down is never too comfortable for her. We have just found a gold mine in
    this product. I hope that word about this product gets out to other dog lovers!!

Becky

3. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

That sounds good eh! Just make sure he dont go drinking from the toilet when some one fluses lolololoololol at least you know your dog always have fresh water. I think they would be extra good for large breed dog, must be alot easier for them rather than havig to lean over to drink from a bowl. Especially in older larger breeds. xxxxxxxxx

4. shazalhasa

shazalhasa PetForums VIP

hmmm, this sounds suspiciously like an advert to me :rolleyes:

5. poochimama

poochimama PetForums Senior

lol i agree shazalhasa
    "I wonder where i can get a water fountain from" :rolleyes:

#5 poochimama, Aug 19, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2009
  6. Whitneysmom

:confused: Goodmorning....I hope you all don't think I was really advertising
    when I shared my excitement about the dog fountain. The only information that I read about it, before I put it together, was the bit from the Dr. Jon
    newsletter site. After getting it operational, I was extremely tickled over
    every aspect of it. Especially that my 12 year old standard poodle liked it!
    In reference to her, I will get a picture of her drinking from it, to share, in
    the coming days. Maybe we won't seem like an advertisement if you see
    Whitney in action. LOL Whitney was a chocolate puppy, and has lightened
    over the years. She is much like the color of a cup of cocoa, with silver
    and beige highlights. Out of 11 pups, she was the first one, and the only
    one to be born brown. I picked her from a litter that I had traveled approx.
    250 miles to see. Gee..I guess this is good of time as any to introduce ourselves the rest of the way. We live in the U.S., in Washington State. I am 60 years old, and a retired RN, as well as having owned a needlework store. I have had poodles in my life since I was a teenager. Through the
    years I've always owned miniatures, Whitney being my first standard. I had
    always been fascinated with the brown colored dogs, so when Whitney came along, I decided to jump in. Whitney has two" human sisters", and four "human grandchildren", that enjoy her when they come for a visit.
    Unfortunately they all live a fair distance away. Her "dad" passed away just
    over 2 years ago. She has been an awesome companion for me..:):)

7. Kinski

Kinski PetForums VIP

My sister had a drinking fountain years ago ( don't know the make ), it was binned as there was always wee bits of food clogging it up, she said it was more bother than it was worth.

Terri

8. newfie2

newfie2 PetForums Junior

How about a picture of this, that would be great :D

9. NormanNewfie

NormanNewfie PetForums Newbie

A Fountain!!! I cant imagine the mess our Newfie would make, he's bad enough when he tries to swim in his bowl :eek:ut:

10. GemCheri

GemCheri PetForums Member

Bahahahah i just nearly choked , i can just picture him :crazy:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice