Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Laptop hardware help!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Shrap, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Shrap

Shrap PetForums VIP

My mum got her laptop fixed today, the little power socket had moved inside so the guy replaced it (the pin was wonky anyway). Now when it's on the battery symbol has a red cross over it where it used to have the amount of charge held. Has he swapped the battery for a bad one??

2. paddyjulie

paddyjulie PetForums VIP

Can't help sorry..... but I have been getting this now and then with mine lately...when i googled it...it came up that it can be something to do with windows 7, not always your battery....so perhaps that's it...if she has windows 7 :D

#2 paddyjulie, Feb 2, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2012
  3. LisaZonda

LisaZonda PetForums VIP

Is the battery still charging even though it just has a cross...have you tried unplugging the power cable to see if the laptop stays on?

4. fire-siamesekitty

fire-siamesekitty PetForums VIP

Possibly, i think it means its not charging.I just told my oh and hes asking his mate on msn as he knows all about computers.

5. XxZoexX

XxZoexX PetForums VIP

Is the battery clicked into place properly? Assuming its one that you can remove lol

6. fire-siamesekitty

If you hover over it, does it say fully charged? it usually means incompatible battery or cant hold charge.

7. Shrap

Shrap PetForums VIP

It now says "no battery detected" but it didn't say that a minute ago! It said "plugged in and charging", but it didn't display the charging symbol. The battery appears to be clicked into place but I'll check after this post. And it's windows vista!

8. Shrap

Shrap PetForums VIP

Nevermind, I took it out and placed it back in and it now says fully charged, and the red cross has gone! Should have tried that first, it just looked clipped in fully.

Thanks everyone! :D

9. DoggieBag

DoggieBag PetForums VIP

10. XxZoexX

XxZoexX PetForums VIP

Lol someone sent me there lappy to fix and this was the problem lol

11. fire-siamesekitty

battery is knackered, or possibly charger but more likely charger or charging circuit, He said take laptop back where you got it fixed and tell him about it and what we said was wrong with it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice