Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Langley Park Meet Sunday 31st July

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by McKenzie, Jul 13, 2011.

1. I know I have mentioned to McKenzie I probably won't be able to make it now but if I can get up there tomorrow I will do and will bring Chaos with me. I'm not familiar with the area though. Is the park easy to find from the train station?

2. McKenzie

McKenzie PetForums VIP

Ooo that would be so great if you make it :)

I think lewis_m is the one who has been there before so they might know :)

3. Ah i've just looked on google maps and the park is very close to the station so would find it no problem. I'll try my best to get up....Work can wait :D but if it's too hot then I won't as it wouldn't be fair for Chaos as he doesn't cope well with the heat. What time was you all meeting again?

4. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

Which station would you be coming into? I'm picking up Mckenzie from Denham Golf Club, may be if I bring the big car I could get you aswell?
    McKenzie's train arrives at 2.20 and we're meeting everyone else at 3pm

5. jjmc

jjmc PetForums Member

Hi Folks,

Looking forward to meeting you all tomorrow.

To answer a few posts in one:

Re Treats: Sounds great, I'm sure Ted will enjoy them.

Re Photos: Shall be bringing camera a Flip video thingy as well.

I'll throw in a few flasks of cool water in the car for the important ones, plus a few bowls as well.

If the weather forecast is good I'll bring some sunblock.

John

6. I'd be getting a train straight from Reading to Langley Rail station. Looking on google map its only about a 6 minute walk from the station so I'd be fine walking that but thanks for the offer. I think The only problem I will have is trying to find my way around the park. I get lost pretty easily. Is the cafe sign posted or easy to spot. I'll just look out for all the doggies.

This is Chaos who I will be bringing If I can make it. Everyone says he looks like an oversized lab with a Rottie type tail carried high, Hes rather huge for a 8 month old pup. Hes a Rottie x German Shep x Dalmation:) and already Taller than Holly my Rott.

ETA I think its more a half hour walk. I thought the entrance to the park was near to the station but looks as though I was wrong unless there are other entrances.

Attached Files:

#86 My lil Babies, Jul 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2011
  7. Fleur

Sorry I've not been there before so not sure - on this website it say 2-4 mile walk through country lanes
    Langley Park country park
    It might be worth PMing lewis_m15 (michelle) as she knows the park.

8. lewis_m15

lewis_m15 PetForums Member

Sorry been out in the sunshine so I haven't been on here today.

The park is probably a 20 min brisk walk from the station. The quickest way is if you turn right out of the station onto the main road, turn left by th rubbish tip, which is just over the canal bridge, then keep following it straight. The road bend round sharply to the right and when it does this take the left turn (which kind of looks like you're walking straight still) you'll go past the pick your own on the right, then the car park is a short way up on the left. It's quite a shaded route because it's country lanes, but be careful because there are no foot paths. It's quite a quiet road though.

If I could fit you in I would come and pick you up but we've got a car full!

The homemade treats sound amazing, obi would eat anything and I'm yet to find anything he's intolorant to!

See you all tomorrow

Michelle
    X

9. lewis_m15

Oh, and the car park is easy peasy to find. If you just walk straight into the main entrance of the park on your left you end up in it, and the cafe will be straight in front of you in the furthest corner of the car park. Just make sure you go in the car park and don't take one of the small entrances before it!

X

10. Fleur

:D See you all this afternoon :D

11. McKenzie

McKenzie PetForums VIP

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

12. pika

pika PetForums VIP

We are off and leaving at 1:30 (quite a drive) :lol:

Can't wait to see you all, appologies in advance for Skye :blush2: I can tell already she's going to show me up and training will go to pot...

Wish me luck!!

13. Rolosmum

Rolosmum PetForums VIP

Have a great time, would love to be there, missing my pups as on holiday.

14. ldr

ldr PetForums Member

Thanks for a great afternoon, everybody! We all really enjoyed it and it was lovely to meet you all :)

Oscar was fast asleep practically before we'd even left the car park, slept all the way home, managed to wake up enough to drag himself into the house and then immediately went back to sleep in the living room, so I think we'll be having a quiet evening.

Can't wait to do it again! (And looking forward to the photos!)

15. Fleur

I've just made it through the door.
    Got stuck joining the M3 from the M25 but apart from that it was a smooth drive home.

Thank you everyone for a fantastic afternoon - I had such a lovely day :)
    I look forward to seeing everyones photo's.

16. woody10

woody10 PetForums Senior

Fantastic to meet you all - I really enjoyed it and I know the dogs had so much fun. Bet they're all sleeping now - apart from Woody, who immediately ran into the garden and picked up his frizbee - I gave him a bone so I could work on photos.

Don't forget to PM me if you want me to email others to you - there are some great shots....

Here's one of each of them

KENZIE
    [​IMG]

SKYE
    [​IMG]

OBI
    [​IMG]

OSCAR
    [​IMG]

ZIPPER
    [​IMG]

LILLY
    [​IMG]

TED
    [​IMG]

WOODY
    [​IMG]

Starving so just going to have something to eat and then will work on group ones.

Fleur likes this.
  17. McKenzie

McKenzie PetForums VIP

Well I've only just got home! Silly me didn't check the train times and ended up waiting for an hour and a half :rolleyes: But it was ok, we found a nice place to sit and just relaxed.

I had a great time today and I think Kenzie did too! It was wonderful to meet you all and ALL of the dogs were so well behaved and got on so well with each other!

I've got some (not very good) photos which I'll put up soon.

Thanks everyone! We MUST do it again!!! :D

18. Tarnus

Tarnus PetForums VIP

Sounds like everyone had fun, wish I could've come :(

I think you should start a new thread with the photos so it's easier to keep track of them! Looking forward to some action shots!

19. McKenzie

McKenzie PetForums VIP

Good idea, will do that now...

20. lewis_m15

Obi is exhausted!! We had some dinner at mums and I managed to give him a quick wash in her garden to save the mess in ours!

It was so nice to meet you all, can't wait for the next one!

X

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice