Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Landywoods?

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by toryb, Feb 8, 2012.

1. toryb

toryb PetForums Senior

Does/has anyone use/d them? They are really local to me and I have just emailed for a delivery quote but I just wondered if anyone has used them?

On the site it says~
    Minced Tripe and Chicken 454g £9.60 x 20

Sorry to be dim but is that 20 packs of 454g for £9.20?

2. Souris

Souris PetForums Senior

Yup, that's 20 packs (454g per pack) for nine pounds odd.

Not ever ordered from Landywoods myself, but I've heard mixed reviews about the place. Most people have had no problems, but there's been the odd review about them getting a delivery wrong/poor customer service etc- same with most business' I find!

They seemed friendly enough when I emailed to ask a few questions last month. :)

3. terencesmum

terencesmum PetForums VIP

Haven't used them, but I believe quite a few folk on here have.
    And yes, it means 20x 454g. :)

4. toffee44

toffee44 PetForums VIP

Yes I use them they are good for me as not much more deliver down here (chichester)

I seem to do a £100 order every 6 months and just top up with £40 ones.

I have not had anyproblems until this month but it was only a communication error. The lady who normally runs the office wasnt in and I just spielled off

10 tripe chunks
    5 turkey wings
    5 turkey necks
    1 kidney

to which I meant bags of and I received pounds of so only 2 bags of tripe, 1 bag turkey and necks :confused: luckily I have a freezer full lol.

Sorry yes you are right about prices of quantity.
    You need to ring them though as they werent taking on new customers a while ago.

5. toryb

toryb PetForums Senior

Thank you, I got an email reply about the deivery charge but it was £5.50 plus VAT so I have replied asking them to confirm the actual amount I would have to pay! :)

6. babycham2002

babycham2002 PetForums VIP

£5.50 pluc vat is £6.60 :)

Ive never used them, I tried to when they werent taking on new customers but I know people that do very successfully and I have been given some of their stuff in the past and it was good :)

Vickix

7. andrea 35

andrea 35 PetForums VIP

Ive used Landywoods in the past , i only stopped due to the twice a month delivery to my area, sometimes had issues with meats not being in stock so would have alternatives sent( dogs never seemed to mind).
    I now use TPMS they are based in Redditch and as such i get a weekly delivery day as i live in Brum so i dont have to worry about keeping enough to last to the next delivery day.

8. toryb

toryb PetForums Senior

Thank you, they didnt tell me that they wernt taking on new customers when i emailed my deivery enquiry but I will ask. Im so tempted to try raw...I think Millie would love it! :w00t:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice