Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Landlords!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lifeizsweet, May 4, 2010.

1. lifeizsweet

lifeizsweet PetForums VIP

We've had the keys to our new place since April 22nd and my landlord still hasn't cashed the cheque for my deposit and rent!!!!

I'm not going to spend it, i'm not that silly, but i don't like it just sitting in my bank, I'd much rather he had it!

2. cherrie_b

cherrie_b PetForums VIP

What a doosh! I have the opposite problem! My oh set up a standing order for the 1st of the month every month and I got an e-mail off the letting agent today saying that the rent is 4 days overdue. Obviously she hadn't accounted for the Bank Holiday we just had! She also wants to come around "to see the house". Now I have to tidy up especially! :lol: :lol:

3. Dirky47

Dirky47 Banned

If anything wrong, always report it to the right agencies.

4. lifeizsweet

It's a private rental, so no agencies involved

Anywhoooo he musta read this cause it came out my bank last night along with 200 quids worth of charges I wasn't expecting so got to magic £200 from somewhere before 3 today or it will bounce....

5. Clare7435

Clare7435 PetForums VIP

Oh I know where you're comng from...I am dealing with someones finances because she has mental health issues and I have paid her landlard 2 cheques to the amount of 450 quid in the last monthand still they haven't gone out....it's a bloody good job this woman isn't in charge of her finances or it'd have been gone now out of confusion more than anything....madness....they chase peope up for rent then can't be arsed to put the cheques in the bank grrrr

6. cherrie_b

cherrie_b PetForums VIP

The landlord has charged you £200? What for?? grrrrr

7. kelseye

kelseye Banned

lol i know what u mean about landloards we have just payed 3 months rent upfront and the desposite so we have just payed £2350 :rolleyes: and just found out we carnt get the keys till friday!!!! realy peed me of as the money has gone from our accout but has not cleared there side.:)

8. dobermummy

dobermummy Banned

i know all about landlords being pains :(

why has he charged you and extra £200? did he tell you about this?

9. PembrokeMadhouse

PembrokeMadhouse PetForums VIP

I am a landlord .... landlady really! My tenants have missed yet another month's rent.... Grrrrrrrrrrrr - 2 months out of 8 they have managed to pay on time. I don't do it for profit, I rent cos I can't sell it and the rent doesn't cover the mortgage either. I feel I have been more than generous in this respect!

I just don't understand why someone wouldn't pay for the roof over their heads and yes I have an agent, but they are limited in what they can do apparently!!!!

The property is now on the market for sale... anybody want a house in Essex!

C x

10. jessiegirl

jessiegirl PetForums Senior

omg dont get me started on landlords- theyre scammy bastards

be careful cos they'll screw u if they get the smallest chance

11. PembrokeMadhouse

Not all of us Jessiegirl x

12. Mr Gizmo

Mr Gizmo Body of a Buddah.

Just to spring to the defence of some landlords.
    In the 7 years that we have been living were we are now our landlord (private rental) has never put the rent up once, we only ever see and speak to him if something needs doing (which it very rarely does as we tend to do it ourselves) and if it does need doing then he's always quick to do it.
    But of course the main thing is that he wrote the letter to Cats Protection in order that we could take a rescue cat on.
    Top bloke really

13. sarybeagle

sarybeagle PetForums VIP

grr I hate that-slightly different but my son was off to france for a week with school and I was paying in installments but the final 4 payments they took out all on same day-£400 :confused1: I rang them up and they said the person in charge had been off sick and then maternity leave and they forgot to cash the cheques for 15 weeks!! I was not expecting that huge amount to come out seeing as I opted to pay in installements in the first place!

Why has he taken £200 more than agreed?

14. PembrokeMadhouse

thank you Mr Giz at last !!!! I was beginning to feel all alone!!!

15. Mr Gizmo

Mr Gizmo Body of a Buddah.

No problem just seems you only seem to hear about the negatives when there are so many more positives.:thumbup:

16. EmzieAngel

EmzieAngel PetForums VIP

I can also say that landlords aren't all bad.
    Our landlord is great.
    We've lived here nearly 8 years now, the rent has never gone up, he always comes round if there is a problem (like broken radiators, it's happened quite a few times)
    He let us decorate the house and do the garden (it was a mess when we moved in, but wanted to get out of a certain street asap, so it didn't bother us at the time)
    And obviously has allowed us to have pets.

And just recently we haven't been able to pay the rent and he just said it's fine, get yourselves sorted out and pay when you can.

17. lifeizsweet

The landlord didnt charge me £200 the bank did! But it's okay, daddy came to the rescue again...

To be fair our landlord is great, he lives abroad, has said we can just get on with with things, we can redecorate and do what we want with the garden. So we like him.

But our old landlord left a hole in our ceiling for 6 mnoths...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice