Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

LadybirdsWe are inundaed

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bisbow, Oct 17, 2013.

1. Bisbow

Bisbow PetForums VIP

We are inundaed by ladybirds at the moment. When the sun sines on the hedge net to us they come out in droves. Open the patio door and they are in.

OH is spending ages catching them are turfing them out again. I have never known this to happen before all the time we have lived here.
    Anyone else got them and why is this happening this year. Must be the waether I should think

2. redroses2106

redroses2106 PetForums VIP

I haven't seen a singly ladybird this year :(

3. Kyria

Kyria PetForums VIP

Hi there,

Yes we have them here, my house is absolutely covered in them ouside..I had to bring my cats in as they were trying to eat them...What is going on..I have heard that sometimes they hibernate and come out when weather gets warm and they end up getting a bit confused...I hope they go away..I dont like bugs atall...

4. lilythepink

lilythepink PetForums VIP

i like ladybirds, love that shiny red.lol

5. bird

bird PetForums VIP

Yep, just brought the washing in and had to knock at least a half dozen of them off the clothes.

6. loukodi

loukodi PetForums Senior

Its the time of year, I live in a old farmhouse, plenty come in the house and crawl all over the beams, its not too bad this year but a few years ago there were hundreds everywhere, they can bite and they stink when you try to move them.

I don't mind them outside but not in my bed :frown2:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice