Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Lab is loosing fur in spring

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Tanja M Lynch, Mar 5, 2021.

1. Tanja M Lynch

Tanja M Lynch PetForums Newbie

Hi, I have adopted our 8 year old black Lab girl last year in August from a friend. She was having some skin issues, which she has been to the vet with (had skin grafts, blood tests, etc) but they couldn't find any allergies or reason as o why this was happening. (It only started 3 years ago roughly) When she came to live with us she began to improve, her skin got better, her fur grew back and we initially thought it maybe something in my friends house that was the cause (limestone, husband smokes, etc) but over the past could of weeks she started to loose loads of fur again and her skin became very dry and flakey again like before, however this only starts around spring time (the same happened at my friends, she'd improve over winter and start again in spring) Has anyone ever come across this and knows how to deal with it? Vets are no real help, she has her regular flea treatments and worming. She gets washed in Anti-parasitic shampoo once a month because one vet suggested mites. But nothing helps when she enters this phase. Any advice would be welcome because i hate seeing her scratch herself red raw :(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice