Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

kooikerhondje

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by kaz_f, Jul 26, 2009.

1. kaz_f

kaz_f PetForums VIP

Does anyone on here own one of these?
    I just wondered because a friend of mine was reading up on the breed as they are interested in trying to find one.
    What are these dogs like in terms of their temperament? Are they good with other pets? What quirks and character traits do they have? I've googled them obviously as I'd not heard of one before and was curious but wondered if anyone had any first hand experience of them.
    If anyone on the forum owns one do you have any pics of your dog/s?
    I am guessing they are a fairly rare breed as there don't seem to be very many breeders around.
    Just said I would ask here on behalf of my friend as you're all such a helpful and knowledgeable bunch!
    Cheers
    Karen

2. SpringerHusky

SpringerHusky PetForums VIP

I love 'em and found out lots about 'em that even at one point I was on a breeders list :D

They are great dogs with SO much energy and can't drive a sane person crazy, I love 'em. I'm so tired I wish i could say more and I have a pic of one asleep while I was at discover dog, the owner aid usually he's zipping around but it was their 2nd day there and he was worn out from all the attention :D

3. kaz_f

kaz_f PetForums VIP

Aw lovely! Thanks for the reply, everything I've read about them makes them sound like a really nice breed actually and not overly 'barky' which is ideal for my friend. So you were obviously tempted with one then if you were on a breeders list. :) I'm still fairly ignorant about the breed but I thought they looked quite similar to a Welsh springer. The face and head, and the eyes look different but the long body and markings/colouring I thought looked similar - I've always loved Welsh springers - in fact any springer come to that as I used to have a beautiful ESS called Moss.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice