Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Kong - Teething/Dental Sticks

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Emmily, May 29, 2010.

1. Emmily

Emmily PetForums Member

As well as the basic Kongs, I also recently got my two Teething Stick (Rosie) and Dental Stick (Jena).

Anyone else using these, any tips on using them, ie fillings for the grooves, or easy ways to fill them?

I've only used them twice, both times I used four different fillings for the grooves, first time - dog tooth paste (will never buy again, too expensive), cheese spread, beef paste and peanut butter. Second time (a few mins ago), dog tooth paste, cheese spread, beef paste and small pieces of cheese wedged in the grooves.

Both dogs currently enjoying their Kong Sticks, I would appreciate any tips for future use. :)

Oh, OH thinks all the Kongs we have are torture devises for the dogs:lol: :rolleyes: :lol:

2. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

I never got on with the teething/dental sticks - my 2 just licked them :rolleyes:

I basically did what you did, a little cheese spead, peanut butter or marmite smeared in the grooves.

3. Emmily

Emmily PetForums Member

Seems like not many people have the Kong Sticks

Rosie (puppy) seems to be getting the hang of what to do with her Teething Stick more easily than Jena with her Dental one, she gave up on hers long before Rosie did, so Rosie pinched Jena's, it kept her out of mischief for a bit longer.;)

Oh, and they're a pig to clean, I tried a baby bottle teat brush, was difficult even with that.

4. Fleur

do you have a dish washer?
    Otherwise I found an old toothbrush the best thing for cleaning them.

5. Emmily

Emmily PetForums Member

No, no dish washer. :)

First time I tried cleaning them with cotton wool buds, didn't think a tooth brush would work as it's right at the end of the groove where the food gets stuck.

I'll hunt out an old tooth brush and try that next time. :thumbup:

6. Fleur

I've got a feeling that difficulty cleaning was one of the reasons I stopped using them with my 2, plus the fact they never seemed to actualy chew them,

7. Emmily

Emmily PetForums Member

:lol: maybe I should have asked for opinions on the Sticks before I bought them, could've saved myself quite a few quid. :lol:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice