Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Koi and Ghost carp eggs?

Discussion in 'Fish Keeping Chat' started by AnimalLoverSian, Apr 1, 2011.

1. AnimalLoverSian

AnimalLoverSian PetForums Junior

Just went to clear the oxygen plants from the blanket weed and came across groups of orange dots in a tiny clear gel, and wondered was it fish eggs? we have two ghost carps and two Koi's we got them last summer. I got some of the plant and put it in a pot with some water in just in case, and in some of the eggs the 'dots' are turning into hook shape figures.

They are absolutly tiny but just wanted to check as our koi's are tiny! no bigger than 7cm and out ghost carps - 10cm! they shouldnt really be laying eggs should they? and its on all the plants of where they 'hang out' I checked other plants and there was no eggs, and one of our Koi's has been staying round there alot lately, or is this all a coinsidence?

Could they be Koi or Ghost carp eggs?

2. AnimalLoverSian

:tongue_smilie:
    YAY

Do you or anybody else know if they need any specific requirments? eg, temp of water any neutriants?

3. AnimalLoverSian

:DThank you:)

Wow, I never thought our Koi's could breed this young, of course we didnt know how to sex them but realised now. "river dance" my girl fish is now most probably a boy :p considering she.. i mean he likes to chase Lily (the one by the plant pots) Thanks for the advise, I might go and get some more eggs later, My dad is a glazier and he has a bigish tank at home just in case we ever found any eggs

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice