UK Pet Forums Forum banner

Knock knock!

200 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Zaros 
#1 ·
Each morning for the past few months or so I have received a scratching at the front door from one or the other of our two dogs. On occasion they do it to let us know they want to come in but usually it’s Oscar who’s often up to no good. Oscar unfortunately is a kleptomaniac. When I open the door he immediately backs off a step or two, spreads his front paws puts his head to the floor with his bum in the air, topped by a very waggy tail, and then, just as I see the mischief in his eyes, he lunges for my arm. Once he has a careful but firm hold he then attempts to drag me outside to an waiting Zara who, in turn, will take hold of my other arm, despite my protests, and once she has her intended limb the pair will then drag me to the ground for a free for all.
The two dogs together already weigh around 130kilos and quite obviously more than a fair match for any self respecting street fighter. However, my fits of hysterical laughter only seem to incapacitate me further which unfortunately encourages more of the dog’s bravado.
Oscar usually beats a proud retreat if he has been able to part a boot from my foot which he will casually toss around with a great sense of achievement and delight with Zara in high pursuit of him and his quarry. (And a great time is usually had by all) :p
I have been told by some people that teaching a dog to play wrestle is not only learning them very bad habits but is also asking for serious trouble in later life.

It would seem that they neglected to tell me that these problems would eventually come knocking at my door! :rolleyes:

See less See more
#3 ·
aw haha :D they are such characters aye :) thats funny !
You should try removing the big Oz once he's flopped down across your chest then looks down into your eyes with that 'whatcha gonna do now' look.
It don't matter what language you speak, Chinese, Russian, Finnish or bad he's stone bloody deaf! ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.