Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Knee Ligament Damage - CCWO Part 2

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by 2Cats2Dogs, Jul 13, 2019.

1. 2Cats2Dogs

2Cats2Dogs PetForums VIP

2018 saw Buddy have both knees operated on (Cranial Closing Wedge Osteotomy). From April to October Buddy had 3 surgeries and lots of rehabilitation. I am so pleased now to see him painful and walking and enjoying life again.

Maisie is now about to undergo the same procedure for her right knee. Her left knee thankfully in good health. The right knee I saw Maisie back in January was struggling and asked for a referral to the orthopaedic surgeon who operated on Buddy. He sensed something was brewing in her right knee. During a walk over the late May bank holiday Maisie started becoming more and more lame. June we had our follow up appointment with the orthopaedic surgeon who confirmed via x-ray that surgical intervention was required.

So Maisie has her op on 25th July. So it will be the same process with we had with Buddy. I am starting this thread to inform of progress :)

2. 2Cats2Dogs

2Cats2Dogs PetForums VIP

Maisie now back home after her operation yesterday. All went well. She’s tired and a bit sore. Refusing food and water at the moment. Hoping as she relaxes she will eat and drink.

Surgeon said the operation was a success and went well and now it’s rest for next 6 weeks.

33BE828A-1BEF-4EC1-A800-CA13D5FC2F0A.jpeg

rona and lullabydream like this.
  3. rona

rona Still missing my boys

Glad it all went well. You must be getting quite an expert in after op doggy care. I feel for you, it's been a long haul, Lets hope this is the last

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice