Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Kitty Wit's Calling...

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by Katinkia, May 28, 2010.

1. Katinkia

Katinkia PetForums Junior

Can she really be calling? She only gave birth on Saturday. She is constantly wowwing and trying to get out. I let her out for a bit but then she was rolling about outside and making a funny noise so I've brought her in and kept her in here with the kittens (and me). She isn't too pleased about it though.

I'm keeping her kittens and spaying her so I seriously don't want another litter. SHould I resign myself to keeping her in for 8 weeks till I can get her spayed?

Will this make a difference to how she cares for her kittens?

Any advice gratefully recieved.

2. sootisox

sootisox PetForums Senior

I'm affraid you'll have to keep her in until she's finished feeding the kittens and ready to be spayed ... And watch out for open doors/windows as she'll become the worlds best escape artist! It's not ideal but the last thing she, or you needs is another litter of babies.

I suggest a decent pair of earplugs and padlocks on doors ;). Good luck!

3. Starlite

Starlite PetForums VIP

Im in the same boat as you, about 2 hours after giving birth Squeak was trying to get out and yowling! :scared:

AS soon as the kits are weaned she is off to the vets to be spayed so im just gonna have to bear it till then x

4. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

I wouldnt let her out what so ever unless you want another litter in 8 weeks! Mum should be with the kits, ignore her calls, thats what I do with mine they will stop soon enough :)

5. Milly22

Milly22 PetForums VIP

Poppy is on her second call, thanfully she just "rolls" so not too bad, you may find she acts a little strange around the kittens but I generally ignore her and tell her to go back to them, sometimes their milk can go a little bit sour and upset the babies tummies but so far babies Poppies have been fine. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice