Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Kittie friendly ant killer?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Loulabella1, May 25, 2010.

1. Loulabella1

Loulabella1 PetForums Junior

Hi all

Bit of a random question but noticed a couple of ants on my patio last night, and was wondering if anyone could recommend a kitty friendly ant killer? My two are outside cats and tend to lick things. I normally use Nipon gel inside the house and powder outside, but as this is my first year as a cat mummy I wanted to check if there was something special I could buy. The trouble is I've found a lot of ant killers aren't particularly effective so would be great to hear recommendations of safe yet effective things to try.

Thanks

Lou

2. hobbs2004

hobbs2004 PetForums VIP

3. mlynnc

mlynnc PetForums Senior

Depends if you can keep your cat(s) out of the area that is infested.

We had a pretty bad ant problem over the weekend (hundreds in the kitchen - ewwww) and we just used shelf-bought ant killer.

We kept Enzo out of the kitchen for the night and then cleaned the area thoroughly in the morning... problem gone :) Didn't really want Enzo in there with hundreds of ants anyways!! :scared:

4. Loulabella1

Loulabella1 PetForums Junior

I am just getting prepared for them coming inside as last year they started outside and suddenly they were in the house. Don't mind them outside just inside. I'll have a look at the thread in a minute - thank for posting.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice