Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Kittens Using wallpaper as scratch post:(

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by frosty2010, May 7, 2011.

1. frosty2010

frosty2010 PetForums Member

Hi all, i need advice as my kittens are using our wallpaper and curtains as scratch post even though we have plenty of scratch post around the house and we spray the walls with pet behaving badly spray.

What more can we do to stop them going at the wallpaper and curtains?

any advice would be much appreciated.

2. frosty2010

frosty2010 PetForums Member

Bump........

3. Jansheff

Jansheff PetForums VIP

I've found it difficult to stop them once they've got into the habit. My sister's cats were scratching the uprights of her 3 piece suite and she managed to stop them by attaching tin foil until the habit had broken. It might work on your curtains, together with clapping your hands and sounding cross when you catch them doing it.

You might get more response posting this in the cat behaviour section.

4. welshjet

welshjet PetForums VIP

Oh tell me! We found telling their name and the spray worked, we are lucky tho we only have wallpaper upstairs, and its time it came off! We also spray the upright arms on our leather with the spray

5. holly2009

holly2009 Guest

Do they actually use their scratch posts atall?

6. GeordieBabe

GeordieBabe PetForums Senior

not a lot you can do i'm afraid except just keep telling them no and take them away from wall or curtains, many years ago we had this hessian type wallpaper in passage and stairs, and the kitten used to run all the way up the wall to get to door before we did, was funny to watch:D,had many curtains ruined too by kittens running up them and swinging from them like tarzan:nono:

7. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

have you recently moved house or moved their items around? ITs either stress and marking what is theirs, or they just like to mark the wallpaper and can get their nails into it.

Id paint if I were you... :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice