Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

kittens itchy ear

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by meggbxo, Jul 12, 2017.

1. meggbxo

meggbxo PetForums Newbie

hey all, my 12 week old indoor kitten seems to be itching his left ear a lot. i noticed it last week but he stopped doing it, so i thought maybe he just had an itchy ear. over the past two days however ive noticed he is doing it more. its not excessive but i think his ear looks redder than usual inside and i think hes cut himself inside by scratching.

he has an app with the vets on friday for his second set of vaccinations but i am a little worried if something is wrong he should really go asap. he doesnt seem in discomfort or pain apart from the odd scratching, theres no odd smells coming from it and apart from the slight scratch inside there doesnt seem to be a build of wax/his ears arent really dirty. am i just being an overprotective cat mamma or could something be wrong?

2. OrientalSlave

OrientalSlave Shunra Oriental Cats

Could be a variety of things including making it sore scratching! The vet will take a good look with an otoscope.

3. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

Ask for an earlier appointment.

OrientalSlave likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice