Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Kittens getting hyper after being spayed!!

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Marmite&Sushi, Oct 14, 2020.

1. Marmite&Sushi

Marmite&Sushi PetForums Newbie

Please help!

My 6 month female kittens got spayed today and the vet advised we keep them calm and they will sleep for 24/48 hours. But the minute I brought them home they started acting hyper and getting zoomies. I tried putting them in their carriers. They bounce about like rabbits. I put them in separate rooms but I can’t keep and eye on them both and they will literally jump on anything *windowsills, any furniture etc.
    I’m so stressed, I don’t want them to get hurt or damage their stitches but they won’t calm down!
    What do I do?

2. Tigermoon

Tigermoon PetForums VIP

It's almost certainly a reaction to the anesthetic used, and it's actually quite common. Leave them together in a small room ideally without too much furniture. They will settle down over night and most likely will be back to their normal selves tomorrow morning.

3. Joy84

Joy84 PetForums VIP

Honestly the "kittens will be sleepy after neutering" story is a fake :Hilarious
    It almost never happens!

Betty6691 likes this.
  4. Willow_Warren

Willow_Warren PetForums VIP

Yep... I had the same problem with Andre after his neuter. He was starving and hyper... the instruction leaflet from the vet only talked about them being quiet and how to encourage them to eat (not exactly the problems I had). I have to say he was a bit quiet for the two days that followed.

good luck x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice