Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

kittens due on the 20th may

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by raggs, May 10, 2010.

1. raggs

raggs PetForums VIP

Hi can you tell me if you should be seeing the kittens moving as our cat is due on the 20th she is not very big at the moment i think she may only have a small litter maybe one or two just a bit worried .

2. Aurelia

Aurelia PetForums VIP

We could see kitties moving around well for about a week and a half before delivery, but if I sat watching for a long period of time I saw them twitch now and again even earlier than that.

I know it may sound daft, but are you sure she's pregnant? Is everything else happening that should?

I'm no expert, so hopefully someone who is might be able to help you further.

Good Luck!

3. deedeedee

deedeedee PetForums Senior

We saw Lily's kittens moving for about week and half before too - we didnt see them as much as the 1st time and she had more this time:eek:

We had to sit and stare for ages too:)

D xx

4. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

Didn't really notice Mai Tai's kittens moving before hand but she was very big
    PC130010.jpg this was taken a few days before they were born. She had six but we lost two at birth.
    If your girl isn't very big it may be a small litter and it may not be easy to see them moving. best of luck - hope all goes well and you have a safe delivery of lovely kitties :thumbup:

5. Spaniel mad

Spaniel mad PetForums VIP

You can usually see them moving from 7 weeks onwards. with smaller litters it is harder to see as they have more room but with big litter we could always feel the shape of the babies on mum belly aswell like they were all squashed together and could see every movement, its magical :)

6. Soupie

Soupie PetForums Senior

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

7. Soupie

Soupie PetForums Senior

Lottie is due wednesday - friday this week and I felt her babies move for first time about a week ago .....so about one week/ten days before birth

8. Saikou

Saikou PetForums VIP

All cats and individual pregnancies are different. It depends on how active the babies are, how many she is carrying, how she is carrying them. Sometimes all you can feel is bubbles under the skin, other times you see body parts. As long as Mum is happy, fit and eating well, then her babies should be fine.

A viewing hatch on their sides would have been a far better design though I think ;)

9. raggs

raggs PetForums VIP

Hi many thanks for all your replies i did feel some movement last night as i said she is not vey big so i think she may only have one its our first litter and i do tend to worry just hope all goes well.She is eating well and looks great Best Wishes Sue

10. malibu

malibu Guest

Aww, I have only felt Tia's kittens once, but I can see them moving around

11. Katinkia

Katinkia PetForums Junior

Kitty Wit is due 21st. I can feel her kits moving but can't really see them as she is very hairy. x

12. raggs

raggs PetForums VIP

Hi our cat is semi long hair so it is difficult to see i will let you all know when she has started labour its so nerve racking but i can't wait we hope to keep at least two kittens thats saying she has two.Hopefully a male and a female that we can show.Once again many thanks for all your replies
    Best Wishes Sue

13. Milly22

Milly22 PetForums VIP

I have only had 3 litters in my lifetime but the 2 most recent couldn't have been more different, both ragdolls, one with a litter of 6 and I didn't see much movement at all and more recently Poppy with a litter of 2 and I could see lots of movement from week 8.

babies are 5 days old and a whopping 210g and 235g. :D

14. 2flowers

2flowers PetForums Member

Hi,
    My bsh girl has just had six kittens and based on movement I would have said only three at most. But I think as it was a large litter, room was limited so as a result so was the movements of the kittens. I did feel a lot of clicking/bubbles when I rested my hand on her tummy though.

Good luck! :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice