Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

kittens are getting on great....need some tips though...pllllease :D

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by foxxy cleopatra, Jul 22, 2009.

1. foxxy cleopatra

foxxy cleopatra PetForums VIP

sorry...long title :D
    the kittens are getting on great! ...just a few questions....
    what litter tray should i get? do the self cleaning ones work? should i get two?
    carry case....when i take them to the vets...should i take them in the same case or separate ones?
    food....the little ginger cat has grown sooo much already...am i over feeding him? im giving him 2 pouches of cat food a day..but 3 times a day?

omg i love them! and...i bought a little bow tie! i wont make them wear it all the time...but omg CUTE! i'll upload pic when my computer works :)

2. kittykat

kittykat PetForums VIP

aw thats good to hear! As for litter trays .. its all down to personal preference really because more often they will probably both go in the same one anyway!

Re: The carrier I would put them both in there until they get bigger anyway as it will be company for them :)

At their age I would feed between 4 and 5 smallish meals a day, do they have dried food also?

What wet food are they on atm?

foxxy cleopatra likes this.
  3. foxxy cleopatra

yeah they have a bowl of dry food too...omg he is getting so big...think he is eatting a bit of the girls too :( bless her! they are on whiskas atm, same as the breeder gave them, not sure if i can give them bits of meat or anything yet....although percy stole some beef from julies plate...his tummy was okay though! i think im going to keep him on whiskas for a while, its the only make the supermarket does really.... :(
    have you got any other random kitten tips? and..im sure you will know this...why dont the kittens miaow? it is because they have BSH in them?

thanks for answering

4. kittykat

kittykat PetForums VIP

You're welcome :)

My 3 are all on Whiskas too, they wont eat anything else! I admit my boy would probably eat 9 or 10 pouches a day if I let him! I wouldnt worry too much about the boy if hes happy and not being sick or anything. Do you know if they have been wormed?

I actually got a new kitty last weekend, hes 8 weeks and I only ever heard him meoww once and that was for attention! so I wouldnt worry about it, I'm sure they will find their voices soon! Although one of my cats rarely meows at all.

Ohh have you got "Da Bird"? They will LOVE it!! best cat toy ever :)

5. foxxy cleopatra

oooohh looking at it as i type :D he sees fine...just alot fatter then before lol....awwwww new kitten!!! awww pleased for you!! :D :D :Dand yeash they have been wormed :)

6. kittykat

kittykat PetForums VIP

aw thanks, got fed up with seeing all the kitty pics on here, was getting majorly broody! lol

I would also suggest getting a spare set of feathers! Its cheaper I found if you bought straight from the website ... if I can find the link I'll post it on.

7. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

I would have 2 litter trays, have you tried the covered ones?

And you may aswell keep them in the same carrier for now until they get a lot bigger.

Glad they're getting on well :D

8. foxxy cleopatra

well...i want a covered one, but before i buy 2 for £60 i want to know whether the self cleaning ones work? hmm not sure! have you given the kitten a name yet?

9. kittykat

kittykat PetForums VIP

Shop -

Its £8 including delivery ....

10. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Never heard of a self cleaning one! Will have to mention it to my mother, she's got 9 of the buggers at home :p

11. foxxy cleopatra

12. kittykat

kittykat PetForums VIP

I havent used the self cleaning ones, not quite sure how they would work? But for my older cats we have a hooded one with no door as they didnt like having to push through it and its amazing how much litter it saves going on the floor (& the smell :rolleyes: )!

The kitten we called Magik (pic attached) :) and he has a normal tray cos hes so tiny! but will get him a hooded tray once hes bigger.

Attached Files:

13. kateaitken07

kateaitken07 PetForums Junior

I have 6 fur babies and all mine just use one big normal tray!

I dont have "da bird" but I have something similer from the pet shop. I brought them cat nip mice today, they lasted an hour before the whole things were in shreds!!!

Mine are all fed Whiskas Kitten dry food (in a bowl out all day) and then I feed Felix wet food twice a day. I give 4 pouches morning and night.

I dont give any more then that as a) they eat dry food as well and b) Im naughty and feed them tit bits!!!

14. kittykat

kittykat PetForums VIP

The litter box looks really good, just had a quick read and its got alot of good reviews - I think I would be tempted to try it if I could afford to! lol

15. ellie8024

ellie8024 PetForums VIP

16. kateaitken07

kateaitken07 PetForums Junior

I personally, dont see the point in self cleaning litter trays.

It only takes me 10 mins twice a day to clean out mine. If I only had 2 cats it would be even easier!!

I think there a waste of money :p Id rather spend the extra dosh on toys and treats for them :D

17. Emma_Williams

Emma_Williams PetForums Junior

I bought my mum the rolling litter tray and it was great! Her Persian and Bengal used it and my little brother would always check it so he could roll it because he thought it was a great game or something. I think he was really interested in how it worked. Only thing was he would roll it and then leave the poop and clumps in the draw.

They don't use it anymore as they go outside but she has said I can have it once my kitten is big enough. Will be a while, not even picked him up yet!

18. nanamoo

nanamoo PetForums Member

i use 3 closed in litter boxes for all 3 furbabies, 1 without the door for the kitten, i find the litter boxes from wilkinsons are the best so far, plenty space and a deep bottom tray, as for litter i use the city cat crystal litter and scoop poops twice a day and theres no smell and easy to keep clean and it lasts for ages :D

when my older 2 cats were kittens i used the 1 carry box between them until i could only fit 1 in it lol now its just 1 per vet trip

i have bought them loads of toys and their fave has to be the 3 in 1 cheese chase toy from pets at home hours of fun and no lost or broken balls coz u have stood on them lol

Attached Files:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice