Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Kitten worming 4 months

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by eylul, Jan 14, 2021.

1. eylul

eylul PetForums Newbie

My kitten is now 4 months and will be indoors till she's around 7 months (until she is spayed)
    How often should i give her deworming medicine and flea treatment and what brands are best?
    She's had advocate prescribed by the vet when she had her vaccinations about 3 weeks ago.

2. Bigsize9foot

Bigsize9foot PetForums Member

They should be done every month until 6 months then you can drop to every 3 months.
    However my older female is a prolific hunter so I do her every month. My boys will get done every 2nd month as they don’t yet hunt. X

eylul likes this.
  3. Bigsize9foot

Bigsize9foot PetForums Member

Posted too early!
    There’s many different brands.
    I like mine to be protected against fleas and ticks too so we use stronghold plus although this doesn’t cover tapeworms so I have to do them separately for that and is Drontal which can be bought cheaply on one of the online pet medication sites.
    We’ve also used bravecto and profender. My kittens have had milbemax working tablets but it doesn’t agree with my older female.

eylul likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice