UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 5 month old kitten has had a swollen lower lip off and on for a few weeks now, but today the corner of his mouth is also swollen and puffy (photos in links). It doesn't seem to hurt him when I touch it and he's been eating and drinking fine, but does anyone have any idea what this could be? Could it be teething related? Thanks very much for any responses.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I rang the vet a few weeks ago asking about his swollen lip, but they said it was probably teething related, and a few days after that it had gone away. Since then it's been a little bit puffy, but nothing like this. And the puffy mouth corner is totally new. And although it does look sore, he lets me touch it and doesn't exhibit any signs of it hurting, so I'm assuming it doesn't.

Oh and btw he's an inside cat, so I'm fairly sure it's not insect bite related.

·
Riley
8,255 Posts
If it was me I would take him for a check up so they can have a good look at his mouth in and out.....im sure some one else will be along with some advice or experience....but as said I would take him for check up...cats are really good at hiding pain or discomfort..

·
Registered
14,011 Posts
i had this once but didnt get this bad, my vet advised me to bathe with salt warm water 3 times a day for 5 days but if that didnt work antibiotics would be needed.
luckily my cats swelling went down, all i can suggest is you do the same as salt water draws infection out, but if there is no improvement or if it gets bigger in afew days you must go to the vet.

·
Mentored by Meeko
26,455 Posts
As this has been going on for a few weeks,on and off now is the time to get the poor guy checked out by your vet.It doesnt look teething related to me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My rescue domestic short hair male has had a recurring swollen lip for the past year. He has been getting Convena injection every six weeks, now he is swollen after 9 days. I have switched to Hypoallergenic Hydrolyzed food, yesterdays news litter, stainless steel feeding dishes, and all plastic eliminated. He is only 2 years old, they want to do a biopsy. Has anyone bee through this?
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...967.1000542195&type=1&relevant_count=1&ref=nf

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.