Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Kitten with sore eye

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Em&Ollie, Jun 16, 2010.

1. Em&Ollie

Em&Ollie PetForums Junior

Hi

I was hoping I might be able to get some advice. We have a 9 week old kitten Molly and an 8 month old Kitten Ollie. Last week they were playing and and Ollie jumped and caught Molly's eye, she kept blinking for about 10min after and since then her eye has been quite red/pink and has trouble keeping it open the full way all the time.

We took her to the vets on Sat for her 1st vac and the vet looked at her eye then and said that it was just inflamed and we should wash it with cooled camomile tea twice a day which we have been doing since Sat but it doesn't seem to be getting any better at all, the vet said do to it for a few days but she hates us doing it and as it doesn't appear to be doing any good I don't know if we should still carry on with it.

Does anyone have any advice or recomendations for anything else we can try or how long it will take with the camomile tea, I don't want to take her back to the vets for her to say the same thing again but I don't want to leave her with this sore eye and I don't want it to get any worse.

Thanks

2. Elmstar

Elmstar PetForums VIP

You really should take her back to the vets as it may get infected, perhaps you could see if salt water helps in the meantime.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice