Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Kitten with poorly eyes

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by chesca13, Apr 12, 2011.

1. chesca13

chesca13 PetForums Member

last week my kitten had his first injections and and his left eye was a little red and had some yellow/green gunk(for want of a better word) coming out of it so they gave me some drops it seemed to clear up but it has come back slighlty in that eye and in the other now should i use the drops in both eyes or is it another trip to the vets??

2. honeysmummy

honeysmummy PetForums VIP

Hi Chesca13...sorry to hear Noodles eyes are still not back to normal..my gut would say..ring vets to see if they want you to use same drops..or a different kind...keep us posted xx

3. chesca13

Just rang them she is going to get one of the vets to ring me back...poor little man couldn't open his eye when he woke up last night 'cause of it :(

4. Amethyst

Amethyst PetForums VIP

Did you treat both eyes, that is what is normally advised? Doing this might resolve issue, but it may be that if eyes don't respond you'll need to have a swab taken to find out what is causing discharge. Then appropriate antibiotics given.

Hope you hear from vet soon and get kitty sorted :)

5. honeysmummy

Hi Francesca...what did vet say about noodles ? xx

6. chesca13

No they olny said to put them in his left eye but he must of passed it onto his right one.

They rang back a few hours ago to say i coud use drops i have in right eye as well,they look better today so fingers crossed a few more days of drops and they will be ok. Poor little man think he is always going to be poorly, on the plus side i have got him to eat meat and its the same as Rhubarb's double plus and last night they spent about 10 mins curled up together with no fighting :eek: Rhubarb was giving him a right good wash and he just lay there nodding off to sleep :001_wub:

7. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

Are you bathing his eyes with warm water to keep the gunk clear? If so can I just mention to use a fresh 'swab' for each eye to reduce the risk of cross-contamination. If you are already doing this, I apologise for trying to teach you to suck eggs. :D

Merson has a history of dodgy eyes and I've gone through this soooo many times... :(

8. chesca13

Thanks for your post, yes i am, its ok better to give advice than to keep quiet and something bad happen.

TBH there isnt that much only really last night when he woke up and the 2nd eye to get it was all stuck up :( poor little thing.

9. honeysmummy

Thats good news...they are SO getting to that lovely stage now...where they will be washing each other all the time.:)

Honey washed Indys head so much the other night...she looked like she had a mohican !!!...wish i had the camera handy xx:D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice