Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

kitten with a 'sticky wet' nose

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by misty05, Mar 22, 2011.

1. misty05

misty05 PetForums Newbie

Hi to all,

Can anyone offer any advice. My 11 wk old kitten has white fur/hairs on her nose that appears v slightly brownish almost like food dried at base of hairs right where the skin on end of nose ends and the hairs are, it has been this way for about a week. I dampened a towel with water n tried to gently dab it at the end of last week but it is not food and did not come off. Was not concerned but this evening it feels damp/sticky. It does not look red or swollen but seems to be going higher up towards bridge of nose. Any suggestions?

2. gloworm*mushroom

gloworm*mushroom PetForums VIP

How long have you had her? have you taken her to the vet for advice? I think its best to err on the side of caution with a kitten this young :) i might be just that she is developing some colour as at 11 weeks she wont have a fully developed coat, but it shouldnt be wet and sticky :S

Do her eyes run at all?

3. misty05

misty05 PetForums Newbie

hi thanks for reply,

Had her just over a fortnight. Been to vet for first jab beg of last week but not about this, nose appeared similar but thought was a marking appearing for first week. No eye problems at all.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice