UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

Wonder if you can help?
I got a kitten 2 weeks ago, he settled in really well, today he jumped on my bed and wee'd? nothing has changed, no stress, he is eating ok, his litter tray is always very clean. I then went into my bathroom and found he had poo'd on the floor.
I have washed everything and used simple solution stopped him from going into those rooms.
He has used his tray numerous times today without any problems.
I went upstairs and he followed me I carefully went into my room but he was too quick followed me I went to grab him and he had already wee'd again? :confused1:

·
Registered
179 Posts
I would keep him out of your room for a while longer. I had the same issue with my kitten who I have had for 2 weeks that she would sometimes use my bedroom floor to go to the toilet on. You also need to wash all the items in biological washing powder to eliminate the smell properly, because you may think its all gone but he can obviously still smell it.

I put another litter tray in the corner of my bedroom, once she was using her main litter tray more often I would supervise her coming in my room, and keep putting her into the litter tray every now and then. She then started using my litter tray to go to the toilet in. I think she wanted a wee but didn't want to leave me and go downstairs.

I used to have a male cat that was rather partial to going to the toilet on soft furnishings. He was a little stressed and anything could set him off - other cats sniffing about, visitors (this is often a trigger, if something smells different), outside noises etc. Feliway plug in's are really good for stopping this stressed out behaviour.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

He is using his litter tray as normal now? very odd just the 2 accidents on my bed, he has never been allowed in my bedroom anyway so wonder if it was a territory thing as he has never been allowed in there before and thought yes this is mine? who knows but he is back on his tray as normal which is good news!
He does wee alot tho? he is going to the vet on Thursday for his first set of jabs so i'll mention it.

·
Registered
102 Posts
i had similar incident with my kitty but this we think down to adopted female stray cat we now have, but i spoke to lady at cats rescue she gave me some great advise she recommended i buy BACH herbal remedy in drops and place 4 drops in kittens food once a day and have to say touch wood he been great :thumbup: also rather than the plug in's for feliway i bought the spray for 15ml was £11.99 at vets and spray in rooms/areas where they wee/poo also after using simple solution i also bought "Get Off" spray cat and dog repellent and used this on wool rug that kitty also did wee and poo on :( and that also worked.

also bio washing detergent as mentioned to you works a treat and lastly i now tend to keep my kitty out of the bedroom as prevention better than the cure :thumbup:

Hope it goes well

·
Registered
179 Posts
Thanks

He is using his litter tray as normal now? very odd just the 2 accidents on my bed, he has never been allowed in my bedroom anyway so wonder if it was a territory thing as he has never been allowed in there before and thought yes this is mine? who knows but he is back on his tray as normal which is good news!
He does wee alot tho? he is going to the vet on Thursday for his first set of jabs so i'll mention it.
I think weeing a lot is ok, I mean they have TINY little bladders bless them!
I would see what the vet says

To be honest you could also have nailed it on the head there - they behave like that when they are super excited - your room reeks of your smell, and he wants to be part of it! It looks comfortable and cosy and doesn't know why he can't explore it, gets all excited and does a wee!
I think you need to desensitise them to some things - for instance my kitten is a nightmare in my living room, so isn't allowed free access. The more I shut her out, the more damn determined she is to get in there... and then will misbehave when she gets in there. One of the keys is not to shout, let them sniff it while you are present and it will take away a lot of the mystery. Cats are curious by nature and not being allowed into somewhere often just makes them more determined!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.