Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Kitten vaccinations

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Zohra, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Zohra

Zohra PetForums Newbie

Hi everyone, first time cat mummy to two 3 month old girls and in need of some advice please.
    I’ve just taken them in to the vets for their first vaccinations but I don’t know where on the kittens it was done.
    Due to Covid, the kittens were taken from me in the car park and brought back a short time later. The only problem is I forgot to ask where the injections were given.
    please could someone let me know for my own information and so that I can keep an eye out for tenderness/licking etc.

Thanking you.

2. gskinner123

gskinner123 PetForums VIP

Vaccinations are given into the loose skin on the area of the back of the neck, between the base of the skull and the shoulder blades...or into a hind leg.

If you call the vet they'll be happy to tell you.

Zohra likes this.
  3. Zohra

Zohra PetForums Newbie

Thanks! I would but it’s quite difficult to get through, I get put through to a switchboard to whom which I need to justify my reasons for calling before being put through and waiting in a queue. I can understand that they’re busy with these strange times.

4. gskinner123

gskinner123 PetForums VIP

That must be irritating! My own vets, like many, are extra busy but the only delay on the phone is the extra Covid related recorded info.

I'm positive your kittens will be fine. I have had so many kittens vaccinated and cannot remember even one being bothered by the vaccination site

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice