Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Kitten Vaccinations

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by RosieC, Jul 28, 2009.

1. RosieC

RosieC PetForums Newbie

Hi there, I'm new to this community so hello !
    I have recently gained a new member to the family, a 12 week old kitten called Denny. He belonged to a friend of a friend who's cat had 'accidentally' got pregnant and they were going to give him to a shelter, but I couldn't bare the thought of him being in a place like that so I offered to take him in.

I was inquiring as to how much starter cat vaccinations are these day as my family have a very low income and I am currently unemployed [damn recession !] and we're debating whether or not we can afford to keep Denny, and obviously we're quite attached to him so it would be heart breaking !
    Are there any charities or services that offer cheaper//free services that help people with a low income ?

Thanks
    Rosie xx

2. shezzy

shezzy PetForums Senior

Hey there. Welcome tot he forums :)
    I would phone around local vets and find out their pricing because every vet has different prices. The vet im with its about 30 per vacc. and the vaccs are 3 weeks (4 weeks at the most) appart.

As for the future when you go castrate him you can call cats protection as they give vouchers to some people which will give you money off for his castration.

Hope this is some help to you

3. Chinchillagirl

Chinchillagirl PetForums Junior

Hi there,you can take him to a PDSA or RSPCA local or community vet clininc.In Noth West London there is the Mayhew Animal Centre & a course is £44.
    Have a look for your local in the phone book or web.
    Good luck
    x

4. messyhearts

messyhearts PetForums VIP

I've only seen them as low as £24 for everything.

5. RosieC

RosieC PetForums Newbie

where abouts was that ?

Thanks for the advice everybody, I phoned a couple of local vets last night, and the price does seem to be between £40-£45. I'm waiting to hear back from the PDSA as to whether I'm eligible for free vaccinations. Does anyone know if it's a specific type of RSPCA centre that helps out ? Does it have to be a hospital ?

Cheers :)
    x

6. kittykat

kittykat PetForums VIP

hi its usually the nearest RSPCA clinic close to you.

7. messyhearts

messyhearts PetForums VIP

It's a vets in South Manchester. £25 to spay & £18 to neuter cats too. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice